Original topic:

Samsung Care+ FAQ

(Topic created on: 04-22-2021 08:42 PM)
CommunityManager_MY
Active Level 4
Options
Samsung Care+

Find out more about Samsung Care+ here. 

We have a comprehensive answer guide to the most common questions about Samsung Care+.

What is Samsung Care+?

Samsung Care+ is a device repair service plan exclusively for Samsung customers who has purchased a new Samsung device for up to 2 years. You may choose to protect your device for either:
a) Samsung Care+ 1 Year Accidental & Liquid Breakage; or
b) Samsung Care+ 2 Years Accidental & Liquid Breakage with 1 Year Breakdown

What is the difference between Samsung Care+ and Samsung's Manufacturer warranty? 

Samsung Care+ provides door-to-door repair service for unintentional breaks as well as electrical and mechanical breakdowns or malfunctions. The breakdown repair service is an extension of Samsung Manufacturer’s Warranty and is only available for the 2 years service plan.

What are the benefits of Samsung Care+?

• Repairs for physical damages, liquid spills, mechanical and electrical defects
• Replaces the device in the case when your broken device cannot be repaired
• Repairs performed only by Samsung’s Authorized Service Centers (ASC)
• Use of Samsung genuine parts for repair
• Free door-to-door pick up and delivery to you

What is not covered by Samsung Care+?

We advise you to read the full terms and conditions of our service before purchasing. Some of the key exclusions to our service plans are:
• Wear-and-tear from daily use
• Replacement/Support for any data stored in the device
• Damage arising from unauthorized software/virus and software faults
• Failure of device to operate due to network infrastructure or subscription service issues

Can I purchase more than one package?

You may only purchase one Samsung Care+ plan throughout the lifespan of your device. This must be done within 14 days of the date of purchase of your device.

How will I know if my registration is successful?

You will receive an email and SMS notification upon purchase and registration of the service, and you will also be able to check the details of your subscription on the Samsung Members application.

What is the coverage amount for Samsung Care+?

You can claim up to a maximum of your device RRP for the 1 year package.
You can claim up to a maximum of twice (2x) device RRP for the 2 years ADLD+EW package. The extended warranty covers breakdown that is covered by the manufacturer's warranty for 1 additional year.

How long is the contract period?

For the 1 year ADLD package, the contract will last for 12 months from the date of purchase of the package. For the 2 years ADLD+EW package, the contract will last for 24 months from the date of purchase of the package.

Where can I find more information about my subscription plan?

You will be able to check the details of your subscription on the Samsung Members application wihtin 14 days of successful registration. Hence, you will be required to activate the Samsung Members application on your device.

Is my device eligible?

Please visit  Samsung Care+ page here for the full list of devices eligible for Samsung Care+ protection.

Will I be charged with a fee when I request to claim for a repair?

You will be required to pay a service fee, which will be informed to you when you request to claim the repair. The list of service fees can be found on the T&C on the Samsung Care+ website

Can I cancel the contract?

Strictly no cancellation of Samsung Care+ plan is allowed once purchase has been made.

Is there free pickup of my device?

There will be free pick-up & delivery service within Malaysia (subject to applicable terms and conditions and until and unless otherwise notified by Samsung).

For more information about Samsung Care+, kindly visit the official page or call us at  +603 9078 4999. 

7 Comments
MangoTango
Expert Level 3
Samsung Care+
Thanks for the info
harrrysaffiya
Active Level 1
Samsung Care+
Kalau nak repair nset samsung boleh ya..selain dari tu mcm klu nak trade in ke boleh ke?
0 Likes
Samsung Care+

Hi harrysaffiya, 

Thank you for your enquiry.

Note that Samsung Care+ is a device protection plan and service. For trade-in services, you may refer to any available trade-in promotion that is currently available or ongoing. 

Thank you. 

ejam598q
Active Level 1
Samsung Care+
Kalau macam s20+ dah habis warranty boleh ker beli samsung care+ ni utk perlindungan
0 Likes
Samsung Care+
Hi ejam598q,

Unfortunately, this protection plan is applicable for newly purchased devices and user have 14 days upon purchase to decide to decide to sign up for the protection plan.

For your device Galaxy S20+, as it has lapsed the purchase period, you will not be entitled to purchase Samsung Care+ protection plan for your existing device.

Thank you.
0 Likes
Samsung Care+
Stop deleting posts
Nazrae
Active Level 5
Samsung Care+
I saw an ad regarding Samsung Care+ 1-year free coverage for Galaxy Note 20 lineup purchased within the month of April until May 2021! I bought mine on the 28th of May 2021 but my device is ineligible as I bought my Mystic White Galaxy 20 Ultra 5G from Harvey Norman Mutiara Damansara and not from Samsung Experience Store or Samsung online store! However, Samsung failed to explain, why on Earth the Mystic White Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G was not available at Samsung stores and Samsung online store? Nearest to me was KLCC but even they don't have stock of the Mystic White Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G or any color at that time! Knowing it's PKP, I can't simply drive anywhere! Samsung should include coverage as the money spent on the device goes to Samsung Malaysia!Screenshot_20210619-134408_Chrome_59699.png