Original topic:

Dex Pad and Ext Hdd not connecting USB

(Topic created on: 12-14-2020 12:08 PM)
Joe44
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung DeX
  • I just got a DEX Pad for my Galaxy s9+. It has two 2.0 USB ports. I can get a flash drive working fine on the USB. When I connect an external hard drive portable (no power supply) to USB it is not recognizable (they kind of make this weird clicking sound). I made sure that it's formatted with exFAT. I've tried two drives and I know one of them's backward compatible to USB 2.0. Has anybody got a portable  external USB drive working on a Dex Pad if so how?
0 Likes
1 Comment
Halston
Options
Samsung DeX

Hi Joe44,
It is not possible to connect the external hard drive with the phone using the DeX pad. Samsung DeX Pad allows you to turn your phone into a computer and use it as a touchpad to navigate the Galaxy Desktop.
To use the Samsung DeX feature, you must have DeX Pad, Charger, HDMI cable and Monitor. Mouse and keyboard are optional. A charger is required to activate Samsung DeX Pad
1. Connect the charger to the DeX Pad’s charger port (USB Type-C).
2. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the DeX Pad’s HDMI port, and plug the other end of the cable into a TV or monitor’s HDMI port.
3. Connect the mobile device’s multipurpose jack to the mobile device connector (USB Type-C) on the DeX Pad.
4. Select the screen mode you want to use. You can select Samsung DeX mode or screen mirroring mode.
Please note:
· Use only the Samsung-approved charger supplied with your smartphone.
· Use only the HDMI cable supplied with the DeX Pad. Otherwise, the DeX Pad may not work properly.
· Ensure that your smartphone is horizontal to the connector. Otherwise, the DeX Pad and your smartphone may be damaged.
· Remove your phone cover before use, if not, your phone may not run Samsung DeX properly.

0 Likes