Original topic:

Does the Samsung Z Flip 3 support DEX ?

(Topic created on: 08-13-2021 01:33 AM)
Dr-Jones
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung DeX

DOES THE SAMSUNG Z FLIP 3 SUPPORT DEX?

I have a hard time finding the correct answer - and the spec. sheet on the Samsung homepage doesn't seem to help me ...

Some background knowledge:

I use DEX on a regular basis on my Samsung s10e (and I used it on my s8 and s9 as well) - to me it is a important feature and I would newer buy a phone without it. IWith DEX I always carry my office around with me. I don't have to rely on remembering a USB stick and I don't have to think about compatibility with different computersystems, when I am doing a presentation out of office. Questions like: "Do you use Mac OS or Windows in your office" are now obsolete. As long as there is a projector, i can rest assured that I can present my stuff. Yes a lot of phones can mirror the screen - but with DEX you get the full desktop experience - and that's great, not only when you present, but also if you need to update or change your presentation on the go. What I don't like is having to carry around a HUGE phone or a HUGE laptop - and that's exactly why I like my sleek llittle Samsung 10e. A small phone and a USB C to HDMI / VGA adaptor and I am good to go. I have no need for wireless DEX - it is simply not reliable (is the monitor compatible ? / fast enough ? ... etc.). To me "wired" dex is reliable and for the pro-users: when you plug the HDMI in the adapter, DEX starts automatically on the projector or the monitor. That's the way it is and thats the way it should be. NO MORE HUGE DEVICES IN YOUR BAG OR IN THE POCKET OF YOUR SUIT.  When I know I need to do some serious editing with my co-workers out of office, I bring a foldable keybord and a wireless mouse - stille sleek and easy - less to carry around...

BUT my Samsung s10e is ageing - and I don't want a huge Samsung Note, s21 or a Samsung Z fold 3 - I want a small device that looks good when I am at a business dinner and can turn into a computer with only a few extra's.

That's why my eyes fell on the new Samsung Z Flip 3. BUT it is really hard to find out whether or not the Flip 3 supports DEX. AND I don't mean wireless DEX. Lot's of people in other forums have tried to answer me - but people seem to focus on the wireless DEX only - which it apparenly doesn't have - wellmeaning people have even claimed that there is no such thing as "wired" DEX ... Hm, I need help from someone who really knows - someone who knows about DEX, that's why I try this forum...

I think the Samsung Z flip 3 is close to being the perfect phone for me - but without DEX it is a big NO GO.

So please help me with a clear, and if possible well-documented, answer..

Yours sincerely ...

3 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Samsung DeX
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Samsung DeX

Hi, Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada. Samsung Z Flip 3 doesn't support DEX.

0 Likes
VictorRuben
Active Level 1
Samsung DeX

Hi there,

Please enable Samsung DeX on Samsung Z Flip 3 with a over the air (OTA) update, Thanks! (Feature Request/Feedback) I have been a massive Samsung Fan, avoiding the Apple Camp and I have owned  every generation of Samsung Flagship phones since the Note 5. PLEASE PLEASE DEX in Z Flip 3! 🙏🙏🙏

0 Likes