Original topic:

Download button in Samsung Internet

(Topic created on: 05-07-2022 11:18 AM)
ImpurfectHer
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung DeX
Is there a reason Samsung hasn't included a download button/option directly for videos being watched on Samsung Internet (on certain websites)? E.g. I'm watching a video online and want to download the video, why isn't there a download button (directly on the video) that one can then click to download the video directly to the device? Why do I have to send the link to another browser in order to download videos I'm currently watching directly to my device? (Such a browser would be UC Browser in case anyone was wondering). 
0 Likes
14 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung DeX

You don't have to use another Browser. 

Click on the 3 bar Menu BOTTOM Right & Then Click on the Downloaded button on the Settings Page that is Opened. 

For images, you can just long press on the image itself to download it. 

Keep in mind, that there's some images & videos that can't be downloaded because of copyright / licensing etc. 

7 May 2022 143030 GMT-0400.jpg

7 May 2022 143001 GMT-0400.jpg

0 Likes
ImpurfectHer
Active Level 3
Samsung DeX
Hi Reddog, that isn't what I'm asking about. I'm asking for a direct download button on videos, which would enable one download the current video being watched.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung DeX

Can you post a link to an example? 

0 Likes
ImpurfectHer
Active Level 3
Samsung DeX
This is what I meant. The download button is in the current video I'm watching. That way I can download the video to my device. Screenshot_20220507-234145_UC Browser_45110_1651985256.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung DeX

Okay, but what I meant was an example of an actual video. Not all videos can actually be downloaded, regardless of what browser you are using. 

0 Likes
ImpurfectHer
Active Level 3
Samsung DeX
Here is a link to videos that I can download with UC Browser in-video download button.

https://vimeo.com/294427028

This download button feature doesn't show up for every site, but for those sites where it shows, it'd be helpful to have the feature.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung DeX

Okay, I did check some of the info about UC Browser & You may want to stop using it. 

According to the links below, it has a number of security issues. 

I guess that you'll have to decide if the apparent risks, outweigh the possible benefits of downloading videos from websites. 

https://internet-security.bestreviews.net/uc-browser-reviews/

https://weobserved.com/uc-browser-review.html

Helenna
Options
Samsung DeX

Hi, we suggest you to try these steps and hope it will resolve your issue

1.Launch the Samsung Internet browser on mobile.

2.Open a website and navigate to video, image, or whatever you want to download.

3.Tap and hold the file to get a pop-up button.

4.Hit on Save button to download the file.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung DeX

This doesn't work with all videos, which is why I asked the OP to post a link to an example of a video, that they could download with a different browser. 

0 Likes