Original topic:

Dual monitor output for Dex

(Topic created on: 12-03-2021 08:58 AM)
Fedorasaurus
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung DeX
Does anyone know of Dex support for dual monitor output?
9 Comments
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Samsung DeX
There is none at this point that I know of. Thatbwould be a heavy load for the chipset... as it would be concurrently running three displays
flarezt
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Hi, is this planned to be added for galaxy S22 series?

Hi, I'm owner of Galaxy s10e with latest Android and OneUI updates. Samsung Dex gives very nice functionality to use 1 external monitor. But, when I connect to it two monitors the video output is mirrored to the second one. It would be nice to have an option to extend video output to the second monitor instead of just mirroring to it. Is there any plan to add such a functionality?

I'm connecting two monitors using usb type-c dock station.

Georgine
Options
Samsung DeX

Hi, As of now the dex support for dual monitor output is not available.

0 Likes
Fedorasaurus
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX
Okay. Thanks.
0 Likes
Losingthewires
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

While DeX itself doesn't support 2 external displays - it is possible to use 2 external displays with a DeX enabled smartphone and some apps then allow both displays to be used.

Here is VMware Horizon, for example, on 2 external monitors from a Note 9 a Windows 11 desktop is running on VMware Horizon and spanning both displays for a true dual monitor setup.

VMware Horizon - Dual Monitor on Note 9.jpg

Here is a portable version using a lapdock- note Outlook is on one display and Word on the other.

VMware Horizon Mobile Dual Monitor.jpg

flarezt
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Hi, this is actually nice suggestion. Thank you.

But the actual point is to find out if there is such a possibility on a hardware level with more powerful CPUs.

0 Likes
Gremlin256
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

Are you willing to share how you did the setup with Note 9 please?

Rico
Active Level 4
Samsung DeX

@Losingthewires, please share how you were able to get mobile VMWare Horizon to span both monitors!?

Could the same thing be achieved with the vSphere mobile app, or maybe even RDP?

enochs
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

This is awesome!! What kind of dock are you using?? 

Do you know if this works for Microsoft RDP?

0 Likes