Original topic:

Feature Request: Let me blocklist notifications from counting in tray count

(Topic created on: 06-04-2021 05:25 AM)
FreddyCanuck
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung DeX
Hi all, I am new to these forums so not sure if Samsung monitors these?

I am trying to figure out how to share this feature request. I really, really wish Dex had the ability to block or silence apps from counting in the notification dialogue.

I have a number of apps that create persistent notifcations, as I am sure many do. I do not want these persistent notifcations to be included in this count, because it makes me always feel like  need to check that tray every 10 seconds for notifications. Further compounding the issue is that notifications don't always pop up when in Dex mode.

Please make the notifications behave more as you'd expect on a standard desktop.
4 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung DeX

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but there's an app called Autonotification that let's you hide Notifications on the Status Bar. It's available on the Play Store. I've been using it for years. 

0 Likes
FreddyCanuck
Active Level 1
Samsung DeX
Thanks - does it work to remove them from the count in Dex? I will try it.
0 Likes
FreddyCanuck
Active Level 1
Samsung DeX
Hey thanks for the pointer, but this app does not really do what I want. This app entirely blocks the notification and makes it unaccessable... that is not what I want. I just want it to not count towards the count. Reason, some of these are important, especially in dex mode.. for exampel the perssitent notifcation to change your audio routing when bluetooth is connected. I dont want this functionality gone, I just don't want it to get in my way as a user like it does right now.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung DeX

Yeah it was a bit of a "blind" suggestion as I don't use Dex, But I'm not sure if changing the priority with Autonotification might work. You're clicking on Notification Categories & NOT Notification Blocking right? I should have mentioned that before. Notification Categories allows you to choose the priority of the Notification.