Original topic:

Help Using DeX on Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite

(Topic created on: 03-25-2021 03:02 PM)
cldcp00
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung DeX

Samsung Please Help

My Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite has recently been update and it now has DeX. I am trying to get it to connect to my Sony TV KD49X8309

I put the TV in Screen mirroring mode and then hit the Dex button on the tablet. It flashes up a message something about it cannot run Dex very quickly  net puts the tablet into DeX mode not the TV

I tested Screen mirroring and that works fine.

Can I be pointed in the right direction so that I can get this functionality working.

I even tired using a HDMI cable to my PC monitor still no Joy.

Can you please issue some instructions of how to connect wirelessly to your TV

Regards

Des

0 Likes
7 Comments
Samsung DeX

Hi cldcp00, do you have LED cover on your phone? If yes, remove it.

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Samsung DeX

Hey cldcp00,
Please follow the steps from the links provided by Cassidy and check if it works fine.
Thank you Cassidy for providing the links with the community here.

0 Likes
TheBadgerLady
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Same Issue. I can Screen mirror my Tab S6 Lite without issues while NOT in Dex mode.

When trying to switch to Dex while Screen Mirror is active, I get "please disable Smart View before starting Dex"

The Smart View/Screen Mirror button is not present in the Quick settings in Dex either. Unfortunately the two links provided somehow do not contain this particular case.

Since Dex was not originally included in the Tab S6 Lite (I received it with the latest OS update), could this have something to do with it? Seems kind of pointless then, to have it only on the small tablet screen with barely enough screen real estate.

(edited for clarity)

Losingthewires
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Hi,

The S6 Lite doesn't support native display out over USB-C but you can display the tablets display on an external monitor when in DeX mode and use an external keyboard and mouse.

Here is how - you will need:

1.  USB-C to 3 port USB hub with USB-C power pass-through

2. DisplayLink adapter

3. DisplayLink app on your tablet (in the PlayStore).

4. USB-C PD power supply - something 18 to 24 watts should be fine

Connect the USB-C hub to your tablet - plug the keyboard and mouse (unless using Bluetooth devices) to the hub, the power cable to the hub (this should be the USB-C PD power supply not the tablet charger) and then the display-link adapter

Assuming the DisplayLink adapter is plugged into the monitor over HDMI, run the displaylink app and when prompted to cast content, tap on start.s6 lite DeX.jfif

0 Likes
sbirulazzo
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

I bought TAB S6 lite because I have seen Dex feature with android 11, but I recognise that doesn't work USB-C video nor WiFi in Dex mode....   😪

in this chat it seems that using DisplayLink  would be possible to send video signal to an external tv in dex mode, but how would it be possible if video signal is not transferred through USB-C port?

before to buy something no useful, I would like to be sure that is working..

Instead i hope Android 12 will introduce WiFi dex....also for S6 lite....

0 Likes
KendrickR
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

The no Wi-Fi in Dex may be an issue with the device and not the software. If it was the software then great, it fixed itself, but if not, I'd say bring it to Samsung or the place you bought it at

0 Likes