Original topic:

Keyboard and mouse/gamepad overlay for gaming

(Topic created on: 10-28-2019 11:09 AM)
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Options
Samsung DeX

DeX needs to have a touch overlay built into it so you can assign mouse/KB or gamepad input to on-screen functions. This already exists on a number of different devices, including a couple of apps for third-party controllers, so it's not like Samsung can't do it.

Unfortunately, most good options on the Play Store or apk market either require root or require a third-party controller to be connected. Having this as a native part of OneUI/DeX would be the ideal. It would definitely go a long way toward completing the DeX experience and legitimizing mobile gaming.

Imagine being able to sit down with DeX and play CoD: Mobile with a keyboard and mouse. The experience would be almost indistinguishable from desktop gaming.

13 Comments
mindl
Active Level 8
Samsung DeX
i use this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.github.sds100.keymapper

It's from an XDA member.

Google XDA and look there. Playstore is full of junk mostly. You'll also definitely find others there that may have a better solution than what i've suggested.

i use it to toggle flashlight and auto rotate on my phone. But i believe the app is designed more for what you need.
0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Samsung DeX
That, unfortunately, has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I'm talking about mapping keyboard and mouse/controller functionality to on screen controls in games.
mindl
Active Level 8
Samsung DeX
Oh. i should read sometimes.
0 Likes
McDuck
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

Agreed this is needed.

YeshuaTech
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Olá Irmão você conseguiu arrumar uma forma de mapear a tela no samsung Dex ?

YeshuaTech
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Estoou utilizando o gamestick tecent app da Tecent Games, porém não fuciona o mouse

quando se atira ou tenta mirar com o direito.

porém o teclado mapea se normal. 

estou pensando em adquirir o Flydigi D1 SCORPION 

para tentar com o app deles

pois o Octopus não fuciona !

só GamePads que se fuciona mesmo!

Predhawk
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

Yeah hope they add or SEE this it is needed. like i have so many Friends that only play mobile while i play so much pc that to jump in playing mobile is a massive learning curve for me that i want mapping of key for Gaming Samsung can Easy do this and i make it better for som game too and For Dex as a Pc Alternative 

Samsung_dt3clXU
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

Having just purchased a huge screen tablet (s8 ultra) I can't play games on such a huge screen since my fingers aren't 10 inches long. There needs to be a solution for this as it makes gaming impossible in every game that exists. Please Samsung, make this an option. Dex needs a keymapping solution like my Asus ROG 5 has. It's so easy. C'mon lads 

nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Samsung DeX
Great point! I hadn't even thought about the larger Tab devices. It's already slightly awkward to play on my Fold 4's unfolded screen, let alone the gigantic Tab S8+!