Original topic:

Low vision accessibility

(Topic created on: 04-24-2022 12:48 PM)
adkitch
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Dex

I REALLY REALLY want to buy a Tab S8 Ultra, but I have low vision and need a screen magnifier. I understand this is not going to be a big use-case, but I wonder if anyone knows if Samsung is working on it? This image is what it looks like in Windows on my Surface Pro 8. The magnification lens follows my mouse pointer.

I really hope this gets added to Dex (or even just to the regular One UI, where it would follow a mouse pointer).

Any thoughts? Appreciate your help/feedback!

magnifier.png

4 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Dex

Hi @adkitch, Samsung also has a magnifier option for visibility enhancements which can be observed in the screenshot below. 

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/using-magnifier-window/ 

0 Likes
adkitch
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Dex

Thank you for your response. I use this on my phone, and it is great for a small handheld device.  However, the major difference between this implementation and how Windows and Mac implement it is that Samsung's/Android's doesn't follow the mouse curser. If I try to use a mouse (which would be ideal for the Tab S8 Ultra), the curser will simply go off screen and is unusable.

SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Dex

Hi @adkitch, thank you for your detailed feedback, we’ll be sure to pass your interest on internally to the relevant department. Please note, we cannot always implement customer suggestions due to various reasons and will not be able to provide an update on whether we are going to be implementing your suggestion or not. We hope you understand.

0 Likes
adkitch
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Dex

Thank you for passing it on, and I certainly understand.  I would think for DEI reasons and accessibility, this will be an important addition (especially as it is available on Windows, MacOS, and even iPad OS).  Again, I do understand I am in a minority here.

Thank you for passing it on!!

0 Likes