Original topic:

Samsung m7 monitor and Dex

(Topic created on: 01-01-2022 11:24 PM)
Circuitpass
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung Dex
Hi all, happy new year to you all. I have recently purchased a m7 32inch monitor and everything about it has been amazing except for one thing. DEX

The monitor manuals and online websites all mention simply plugging your phone (I'm using the fold 3 oneui 3) into a type C cable and inserting the other end into the type C port of the monitor and away you go. That is simply not the case. Now I have tried multiple C to C cables from various manufacturers including Samsung's own cable yet no luck. Everytime it asks for connecting via wireless which can be utter garbage sometimes.

Am I simply doing something wrong or does this monitor just not support Dex via cable like it advertises?

Please help a brother out 🙏
0 Likes
5 Comments
Samsung Dex
I found the following for wireless & wired DEX.

Wireless:

Setting up Samsung DeX on your Samsung Smart MonitorBegin by plugging in your Smart Monitor and turning it on.
Using the provided remote or the physical buttons on the monitor, select the Source option and choose Screen Mirroring.
On your Galaxy device, open the quick menu by dragging down from the top of the screen, then tap the DeX option.
In the DeX menu, select DeX on TV or Monitor.
Your Galaxy device will search for available displays to connect with. When you see your Smart Monitor appear, tap on it.
That’s it! You’ll now see the DeX logo appear on your Smart Monitor, and you can get right to work.

Wired:

If your display does not support Miracast, you can also run DeX by connecting your Galaxy Z Fold3 to the monitor or TV via a USB-C-to-HDMI cable or adapter.
Just connect and DeX will launch immediately (if it doesn’t, make sure the “source” setting on your display is the same as the HDMI port you connected to with the cable).

Hope that helps.

Edit: I'm unsure about using usb-c to usb-c for Dex.
0 Likes
Circuitpass
Active Level 3
Samsung Dex
My issue is simply that the monitor advertises using Dex wired by plugging in your phone into the type C port on the monitor however that has not been working at all, USB devices from the built in USB hub connect and my phone charges but no DEX
0 Likes
Samsung Dex
On the support page, I can only see wireless or via HDMI for Dex.
On page 58 of the download manual, I see mention of Dex connection via wireless.

Hopefully @SamsungLaura or other mod can give more clarity/info about it.
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Dex

Hi @Circuitpass, thanks for reaching out. I've reached out to our Computing support team for clarification on which connection methods are available on your device and will get back to you when I receive a response.

Circuitpass
Active Level 3
Samsung Dex
Thankyou so much
0 Likes