Original topic:

Samsung Smart Monitor screen dropping out when Dex connected via USB-C to USB-C on my Galaxy s21

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 10:35 AM)
Members_jhxhIll
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Dex

Hi,

I am using Dex from my Samsung s21 ultra connected to my Samsung Smart Monitor connected with a new USB-C to USB-C 3.1 10gbps cable.  Everytime I receive ors end a text message whist my phone is connected using Dex, the image and audio on the Samsung Smart Monitor flashes off and back on 4 times.  

Similar issue when I recieve a phone.  The screen will flash off and on repeatedly and ususally evenutally ends up causing the Dex connection to drop out all together.

This is really poor considering I am using two new Samsung products which are designed to be compatible.  I dont want to use via the HDMI connection, as the USB-C connection charges my phone at the same time, and also allows me to use my mouse and keyboard connected via the USB dongle in the monitor, rather than having to use Bluetooth connectivity, which has a lag.

I have had many phone calls the Samsung support but no one has been able to offer any advice which has resolved the problem.  Does anyone else have these devices and also have, or not have this issue.  The monitor is really suitable for what I want to use it for if I can fix this problem.

I would be very greatful for anyones idea's / solutions!

1 Comment
SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Dex

Hi there, that's strange. 

I suggest sending an error report via the Samsung Members app for this to be investigated. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

0 Likes