Original topic:

Terrible input lag using DeX wirelessly

(Topic created on: 03-15-2022 04:44 PM)
thisisbbc
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung DeX
Hello guys,

Has anyone else noticed a terrible input lag when using a bluetooth mouse with DeX connected wirelessly to a TV?

I was excited to test this setup for remote working but after a few minutes of use I find the input lag way too distracting and annoying to use for an extended period of time.

Would be curious to see if another user was able to fix this. Saw someone mention connecting a dongle directly to the TV and use the TV to receive the mouse input instead but this might not always be possible so it would be better if there was a way to handle this properly from within Dex.

Thank you!
5 Comments
Samsung DeX
"Saw someone mention connecting a dongle directly to the TV and use the TV to receive the mouse input instead"

Yes, same situation as computer. I experienced lagging with mouse if using wireless Dex. However, if I don't use USB mouse on Dex and switch my mouse to connect to my phone, all working good. (I have a keyboard that can pair 3 devices).

Seems like USB mouse on wireless Dex need some improvement.
Georgine
Options
Samsung DeX

Hi, please follow the steps below to perform wipe cache on your phone and get back to us with the results.

Here are the steps for wipe cache partition of the device: 

-Turn off the device. - Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.

- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.

- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.

- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight the wipe cache partition.

- Press the Power key to select. - Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.

- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

- Press the Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
meep
Active Level 5
Samsung DeX
wireless dex is more gimmick/proof of concept than it is function.

yes it lags and that makes it non-functional as a computer.

They should have gone the wireless hdmi route with their mmwave technology.
thisisbbc
Active Level 1
Samsung DeX
Seems like it's a bit too early for this tech. Just hope they'll fix this down the line.

Dex is a cool idea on paper but irl it gets limitating pretty quickly.

Hopefully they keep ironing out the flaws and it'll be great... one day 🙄
0 Likes
Edgardius
Active Level 4
Samsung DeX

Tengo el mismo problema, el mouse incorporado en el teléfono funciona con LAG,  2 segundos de retardo.  Uso tv tcl 50p615.  Al conectarlo, el cel me dice que el tv no está optimizado para dex.  Al usar cable, funciona bien.  Me gustaría descubrir  cual sera el error , saber si es el teléfono,  el tv, el Internet o funcion dex mal optimizada, etc. Samsung no se ha pronunciado?

0 Likes