Original topic:

Z Flip 3 should have Dex support

(Topic created on: 02-09-2022 02:21 PM)
JohnH
Active Level 9
Options
Samsung DeX
Honestly not sure what else there is to say. The Flip 3 has no hardware limitations restricting its access to Dex, so I'm really confused why it doesn't support it. I used wireless dex with my TV all the time with my S21 but for some unknown reason I can't do that with my Flip.
HAVEAHAPPYHEART7
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

As a newer Flip user previously had 10+ I loved Dex and was so disappointed to find it wasn't on my newer device. I'm surprised because it's supposed to have all the same processor as the other new phones but this is the only phone that doesn't have it. Can you please provide in an update? 

superpaddy
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Same, dissapointed.  Moved from Apple to Samsung, and loved it on my previous Note.  Comtemplating returning to Apple.

Samsung DeX

My fold works but the flip doesn't.  If you need Dex I would highly recommend the fold.

0 Likes
astleyc
Beginner Level 5
Samsung DeX

Fold is very heavy not light weight...

0 Likes
Cox74
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

I'm sure it's because Samsung made the terrible desition to put USB 2.0 in the flip 3 instead of USB 3.0 or 3.1. From what I know there's not really a significant cost difference at this point for 3.0 instead of 2.0, especially for $1,000 phone. More than likely this was a sad attempt to push people that wanted Dex among other things to buy the fold 3 instead of the flip 3 and spend the extra $800.

0 Likes
toffypops
Active Level 1
Samsung DeX

incorrect....the flip 3 has usb-c 3.1 not 2.0   the just have not added the software Dex in the OS....and it is stupid of anyone to claim it is a tech issue since the FOLD 3 is using the exact same tech just in bigger size...

VictorRuben
Active Level 1
Samsung DeX

Hi there,

Please enable Samsung DeX on Samsung Z Flip 3 with a over the air (OTA) update, Thanks! (Feature Request/Feedback) I have been a massive Samsung Fan, avoiding the Apple Camp and I have owned  every generation of Samsung Flagship phones since the Note 5. PLEASE PLEASE DEX in Z Flip 3! 🙏🙏🙏

VictorRuben
Active Level 1
Samsung DeX

Hi there,

Please enable Samsung DeX on Samsung Z Flip 3 with a over the air (OTA) update, Thanks! (Feature Request/Feedback) I have been a massive Samsung Fan, avoiding the Apple Camp and I have owned  every generation of Samsung Flagship phones since the Note 5. PLEASE PLEASE DEX in Z Flip 3! 🙏🙏🙏

Members_asWOItI
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

Is an absolute absurdity! I just bought a Flip 3 for my wife and was considering the S22 for me on launch day. I am now seriously considering shifting to another Android company as it is clear that Samsung is moving closer to Apple behavior. Unacceptable!!! Nobody would buy other Samsung phone for DEX support, what were you guys thinking?!!!

0 Likes
toffypops
Active Level 1
Samsung DeX

The big problem here is the lack of Dex SOFTWARE in the Flip 3. 

My wife got black screen of death and i tested all options suggested online to fix it to no avail. I even tried to reflash the firmware with original roms downloaded from the samsung site using Odin...which worked, but it did not fix the black screen problem. (flashing firmware does NOT wipe user data!) The back screen is working and show the device is booting but touch does not work on the main screen and there is no way to authenticate to activate Smart View or USB file transfer to backup phone with Smart Switch

If samsung had been smart they would have left dex available so we could mirror screen with usb-c 2 hdmi so we could use a tv as a second mirror screen and such activate usb file transfer and login using mouse and keyboard through a usb-c adapter.

By ommiting Dex in such a phone the only option to backup is to hand in the phone to samsung and ask them to install a temporary screen to do backup then service the phone. 

It....is....stupid....Samsung.    DEX TO ALL!!!!