Original topic:

Activities on the Galaxy Watch4 (windsurfing, skiing) without location tracking

(Topic created on: 02-14-2022 04:39 AM)
TMK96
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Health

Why is there no location tracking when I select some of the movement activities from the Galaxy Watch4?
Where can I force it to track me?

17 Comments
Georgine
Options
Samsung Health

Hi, Could you please confirm if you have activated the location feature on your device?

0 Likes
TMK96
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Of course I have localization turned on when I want to workout. It looks like this type of exercise doesn't track location which is quite a mistake.

20211014_110236.jpg

20211014_110244.jpg

As you can see in this picutres, there is no GPS sign on the top of the screen while windsurfing, but while running it is present.

Georgine
Options
Samsung Health

Hi, If you are referring to the Get location feature, this feature is discontinued.

0 Likes
WindRider
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

Your reply doesn't relate to the reported issue.  I confirmed the same bug as the OP.

Robybas
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

I have a Watch 5 pro and the gps for windsurf and kitesurf Is not presente yet. Why? Could resolve this trouble please. And why the suo training Is not presente in all sports activity?

0 Likes
WindRider
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

I just tried a windsurfing session today and no GPS location was reported!  Just like you said.  Running has GPS but windsurfing doesn't have GPS.  How can we get this fixed?  Windsurfers record GPS for speed and tracking purposes.

Mattias_Sweden
Beginner Level 5
Samsung Health

Any news on this? It has to be fixed!

It is most probably a very simple fix. I guess someone who is not a windsurfer has thougt that gps-positioning isn't interesting when windsurfing.

(I have the same issue with the kite-surfing activity.)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- 

I wonder if Samsung is interested in changing this. I have read a lot of complains but Samsung doesn't seem to do anything about it.

One of the primarily reason for me to buy a Galaxy Watch4 was to use it to track my windsurfing and kitesurfing and give me the oppurtunity to call for help if needed.

Why not add a setting to enable/disable gps for the activities?

.....and offcourse also:

- make it possible to change activity type afterwards

- edit/cut/shrink an activity if you have forgotten to stop it

- and a dream scenario would be if Samsung developed fuctionalities as on real windsurfing watches such as fastest 2-seconds, fastest 30-seconds, etc. for the activities windsurfing and kitesurfing.

WindJ
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

My primary reason was exactly as yours, call for help if needed, but..... The tracking windsurfing without GPS is a joke. I tried to select cycling instead of windsurfing because of gps and I lost the session twice because the watch was heat and enter a kind of "safe mode", turning off the activities. So sad, I went out of water, grab my Trex Pro with is pretty good windsurfing, but unfortunately doesn't have LTE option.  

ART110
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

I'm windsurfer as well, use bike training instead of windsurfing.

Not so nice...

0 Likes