Original topic:

Is there a way to edit goals for specific nutrients, like protein, vitamins, and minerals?

(Topic created on: 08-01-2020 11:06 AM)
Xeperu
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Health

Greetings!  This is my first post here so hopefully I'm not beating an already-dead horse.  These recommendations for protein, vitamins & minerals the Samsung Health app recommends me are, for the most part, in no way in alignment with my diet.  I can just observe them by my own standards, but it would be nice if these goals could be set individually.  Is this possible?

If not, I'd like to formally request the feature (or bump that notion).  It could fit easily in the "View more details" screen under the Nutrient intake summary; maybe just tapping (or holding) the nutrient's details could pull up an edit window, or maybe each detail summery could have a menu dropdown with an edit option.

While I'm here I might as well also request expanding the vitamins & minerals that the app tracks.  I can't believe it doesn't track B vitamins!  Of course, the only way this would work is if the app had a system to allow users (or maybe brands) to update & verify updates to product listings...

13 Comments
keagan
Options
Samsung Health

Hi Xepuru, Welcome to the Samsung Members Community.

There is no option to do it but instead the Samsung Health app allows you to keep a food diary, showing you the calorie and nutritional breakdown, as well as setting healthy goals.

We will take the suggestions given by you and forward them to our team. Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and ideas with Samsung.

Have a nice day and hope you have a great time in the community.

0 Likes
Mfguynn
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health

I agree with all the commentary. I need about 170g of protein a day, and although the tracking is great, I need to be able to set my goals for macros.

BobGolden
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

Agree totally. The Samsung protein and carb goals are DANGEROUS. 

0 Likes
Drey23
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Yes, please request that macro editing is included in the next application update. Most of us tracking food need to edit our macro intake as well as caloric intake. The app is useless without this feature. 

Rraine
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

I had the same question.  Currently, the app has goals that are unhealthy and outdated unless you want diabetes.  I want to be able to change the macro goals to match what I need.  I use to have diabetes by eating a "healthy" diet.  I need to have keto macro goals to remain diabetes free which I am now.  The app currently is not helpful for tracking food if I can't customize it so I have to use something else.

0 Likes
Keyhassel
Active Level 1
Samsung Health

It's great that there are so many great supplement stores on the internet these days, so it's usually easy for me to find something really useful. For example, have you heard anything about natural turmeric singapore? This dietary supplement is especially useful for joint problems, so I recommend trying it.

0 Likes
sigdiff
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

I would be interested in editing the macronutrients as well.  I follow a keto diet and the recommended percent of carbohydrates in the app is completely unrealistic for me.  I would love to know if I am hitting my target macros by just looking briefly at the graphic.

Tashab88
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

So I have the watch to galaxy 4 watch to track my workouts. Most heath apps give you the option to adjust to the Marcos because it's different for each person's goal. I'd like to keep everything in one place instead of having to use different apps for different things

Zuzana09
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

Hmm, have seen many threads since 2020, like this one, asking to be able to set own goals for macros and Samsung is doing nothing 😄, they really want us to use other apps instead.