Original topic:

Latest update made my Samsung charge really slow. I just got it a year ago.

(Topic created on: 06-22-2021 03:18 PM)
Lauranovelist
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Health
Thanks Samsung for messing up my phone.   I wonder if suddenly it will lose its charge really fast.  It's not like a phone company hasn't done this before. 
20 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Samsung Health

Hi, we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Could you brief the issue in detail to assist you further?

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Health

Really, you think that an update is responsible for your device charging slowly?? 

Are you using the Samsung charging block & cable? 

There's no connection between an update & charging!

You could always just Boot into recovery and wipe cache.

I've never seen any update affect the charging speed, ever. 

m4km3
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health

this is a paid response..

there's a system in place to force new purchases. do you believe sales go up each because people just want a new phone that's prettier.

updates affect phone performance to elicit new purchase, it's so disappointing.

i may have see how iphone phones perform because they definitely maintain value longer.

0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Samsung Health

Slow charging is usually caused by a charging cable that needs to be replaced or dirty connection where cable connects to the phone.

Lexi98
Active Level 4
Samsung Health
After the latest update in June, which I did on 3 different Samsung devices, my s10e is slower to charge, but the bigger issue is how fast the battery drains. It doesn't even last a half day on a full charge. I have put it in battery saver made and it doesn't make.a difference.. I put apps.to.sleep, removed apps I didn't use. So frustrating!
The slower charge is only on that phone. My other 2 do just fine on the same Samsung charging block and cable.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Health

It's possible that the battery is to blame. Like anything, nothing is immune to manufacturer's defects & it sounds like the battery is to blame. 

You could take your phone to a Samsung Service center & have them examine it. 

0 Likes
Lauranovelist
Active Level 1
Samsung Health
Same here.
0 Likes
Lauranovelist
Active Level 1
Samsung Health
I also had mine constantly in battery saving mode. Same thing with me slower charge faster drain. I'm like an hour charge on a year old phone on a fast charger come on
Lauranovelist
Active Level 1
Samsung Health
I have an s10 too
0 Likes