Original topic:

Missing "Labs" section in Samsung Health

(Topic created on: 05-18-2023 07:59 AM)
--SKYNET--
Active Level 2
Options
Samsung Health
Even after Samsung Health update on wear os to 6.23.5.008 (WDA firmware) and on phone 6.23.5.027 I'm still missing "labs" setting "predict using skin temperature". Basically there is no option to enable skin temp in either Cycle Tracking, Sleep Tracking or in general settings of the app despite using Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. Anyone else updated their GW5 to WDA yesterday to find out that the only feature to predict skin temperature isn't there at all?

(Btw, I tapped multiple times on the build number of Samsung Health but that just gave me Developer Mode, which is different from developer mode in android settings. But it doesn't enable "labs" like it does in samsung gallery if I tap it's build number.)
0 Likes
8 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Health

Samsung Labs, is an experimental project, and isn't available in all countries, and not for all of Samsung's applications. 

"Samsung is now STARTED rolling out the April 2023 app update for its Health application. The latest update brings a feature to use skin temperature for menstrual cycle prediction is supported with labs. (Galaxy Watch5, ONLY AVAILABLE in SOME COUNTRIES). The latest Samsung Health App update is rolling out with version 6.23.5.027."

This may be why you don't see the option to use skin temperature. 

https://www.samnews24.com/2023/04/19/samsung-health-wear-os-2023-update/

--SKYNET--
Active Level 2
Samsung Health
As I written above, I do have 6.23.5.027 version as well as April software update on my Watch 5, but I still don't see skin temperature option.
https://news.samsung.com/ca/samsung-and-natural-cycles-partner-to-bring-advanced-temperature-based-c... states that Canada is among those 32 markets supported.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Health

The link you posted says;

"Smartwatches featuring Natural Cycles' Fertility Technology, will be available to users in 32 countries across Europe, North America and Asia".

Unfortunately, saying North America, does not necessarily include Canada. 

It's quite possible that Canada is not included, and it certainly wouldn't be the first time that Canada does not receive the same support as the US. 

We saw this with the Heart Rate, O² and Stress Measurement technology on Samsung Watches before, where Canadians were waiting for Samsung to get Certification from Health Canada. 

I'm not 100% sure if this is why you don't see it being available for you, but it's quite possible. 

--SKYNET--
Active Level 2
Samsung Health
But it does say Canada. The last sentence in that article says:
"The new skin temperature-based Cycle Tracking capabilities will be available through the Samsung Health app on the Galaxy Watch5 and Galaxy Watch5 Pro within the second quarter in 32 markets, including Canada."
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Health

Yes, you are correct, it does indeed say "including Canada", sorry I missed that. 

I don't know then🤔

It's possible that it hasn't reached Canada yet, it's possible that even though Samsung Health's version number indicates that it should have the new functionality, Samsung Canada hasn't received Certification from Health Canada. 

It's also possible that where it says "started" rolling out, might mean that Samsung hasn't fully completed rolling out the new functions? 

I know that on a previous Samsung Watch, some people Flashed the US firmware on their Canadian watches to get the features that were not yet available for the Canadian hardware. 

Samsung Health
Right now is 2nd quarter. But the end of 2nd quarter is end of June. So, it could be having another update before end of June, since still within 2nd quarter windows.
--SKYNET--
Active Level 2
Samsung Health
Well, lol. Does Samsung really have to adjust to the very latest possible timeline for everything? 😞
I bet the Watch One UI 5 Beta, which is NOT coming to Canada, will be sent out to beta testers in US and South Korea on the very last day of May reflecting their promise of "later this month" lmao.
But it seems Canada is not alone. I just found this European Samsung thread with people complaining that they updated everything but skin temperature tracking is still not active.
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/temperature-sensor/td-p/7441557/page/2
My guess is this feature rollout is server sided like what Google does.
ClauA2S
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health
I have the same issue. Did you resolve it?
0 Likes