Original topic:

Samsung Health Android app no longer displays steps on phone lock screen / home screen

(Topic created on: 02-08-2023 10:06 PM)
Growler2023
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Health

Hello! My Verizon based Galaxy S21 with Android 13 with latest patch G991USQU5DWA8 update as of 29 January 2023 and Samsung Health app version 6.23.0.063 no longer displays my step count on the lock & home screens of the phone. Instead of display the step count all it displays is "Samsung Health started." The step count was visible up until a few days ago but I can not determine what has changed. Can anyone help me to get the step count to display on the phone lock & home screens? Thanks!

ShaynaG
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

THANK YOU!!!

0 Likes
sarah_j_fell
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

Excellent thanks. In South Africa and this solution worked. After setting notifications correctly I just had to reopen the Samsung Health app to get the steps back onto task bar.

0 Likes
Jani87
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

Go to notification settings -> go to notification category and there is a step category under it, that was turned off for me and I turn on and it works again

Me987654321
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health
Go to Settings->Apps->Samsung Health and then click on Force Stop. Once it has stopped, launch the app. Seems to have fixed it for me.
0 Likes
pmzahorosky
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

The other comments about re-enabling notifications for steps is accurate but there is a bit more to get the steps to show on the lock screen again. Within the specific "steps" notification category, I changed the type from "Silent" to "Alert", applied a silent sound (of course) and made sure the "Lockscreen" was set to "Show content". Now the steps show on the lock screen.

Screenshot_20230203_111834_Settings.png

0 Likes
Evolady
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health

Step 1: go into Samsung Health app

Step 2: tap 3 DOTS in upper right corner

Step 3: tap SETTINGS 

Step 4: tap NOTIFICATIONS 

Step 5: tap NOTIFICATION CATEGORY 

Step 6: switch STEPS to on/SLIDE slider to the right

HOPE THIS HELPED 🤗

Members_kxWoN6X
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Thanks so much, it worked for me.

Philip_J_Fry
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

This worked for me, 

If you want to get rid of the "Samsung health is running" notification unclick the "other notifications" from the same menu. 

raaber2
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

I have the same problem. My step widget is gone to and can't find it anymore on the Galaxy site. What gives? 

NickThornber
Active Level 1
Samsung Health

In samsung health settings I played around with notification types, steps, until it worked ! 

0 Likes