I love the brand, and I have pretty much everything in terms of wearable (beyond TV, washing machine...)
But let's be honest. No one wants to be stuck with a single brand when there are thousands of applications out there.
Improve Samsung Health
- Allow users to set their own heart rate zones. Standard rates (220 - age) are a good average, but each individual has their own numbers. If they know it, why not allow the change?
- You can do a lot better in terms of exporting exercise data. Lots of information are provided on the screen, and just a few show up when exporting. Athletes want to share their full results with their trainers, docs, physiologists.
All data should be open for integration
- Providing a standard Bluetooth heart rate profile, used by chest straps should always be the goal. I would love to see an integration with the HRV4Tranning app, just for instance.
- Allow exercise, sleep, body composition... to be integrated with other apps.
We also need to be able to share data with our health care providers.
- food diary - needs to be exportable in a human readable format, something that I can share with my MD, who is not a data engineer
- Food diary - wish you had a barcode scanner that pulled data from Open Food Facts like mentioned in this thread https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-health/add-barcode-scanner-to-food-diary/td-p/549104/pag...
- Interoperability with other systems - had to buy health sync just to get my gamin scale to report weight details into shealth
I'd actually pay for an upgraded sheath system if there we more devs assigned to solve these problems.