Original topic:

Step Count Cheaters!!

(Topic created on: 10-01-2020 12:13 PM)
Vallllllll
Beginner Level 4
Options
Samsung Health
Can someone please do something about all the step count cheaters in samsung health. It is impossible to take 180,000 steps in 18 hours!!!! Participating in the monthly together maps is fun,  but not if the top rankers are constantly cheating! Please address this issue immediately.  
26 Comments
keagan
Options
Samsung Health

Hi Vallllllll, Samsung Health Team announced to 3rd party application partners that steps data detected from their apps cannot be synced anymore with the Samsung Health app from July 2020 due to fraudulent activities around increasing step count. Could you please share the screenshot of the person who may be involved in cheating so that we will review it.

Vallllllll
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health
Here you are. If the Samsung health team announced that in July 2020 how has there been cheaters in every months map?
keagan
Options
Samsung Health

Hi Vallllllll, Thanks for sharing the screenshots.

Samsung is reviewing the people with non-ideal number of steps input. I am sure such people do not feel any sense of accomplishment. I am forwarding this to the concerned team. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Kris5
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

Nothing has changed. A year later and I see people with a million step count halfway through the month. Why doesn't Samsung just put a daily step count max that is the most a human could possibly walk. Ppl would still cheat but at least it wouldn't be so ridiculous. This was a problem YEARS ago. Why hasn't Samsung done anything about this. It would be such an easy fix I'm the code go make a daily total of like 40k. Supposedly pll are taking like 70k steps I'm a day?? Just put in a cap. Its that easy. 

Samsung_IBlwuRq
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Screenshot_20221102-222508_Samsung Health.jpg

 Its 2022, Nov 2nd. How can these people take 400k steps in 48hrs??? A basic validation should be placed guys.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung Health

It's February 2022 and people are still cheating 

kjulius1
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Ditto!!  I joined the March challenge and I still join all the challenges, I still like knowing I gave it my best no matter what others specifically at the top are doing..  On the first day, someone has 150K steps,, that means they must be ultra marathon runners or something because that's around 90 miles+ for the day... when did you have time to eat or go to the bathroom????  LOL... 

I don't mind the cheaters to much, the only person they are cheating is in the  mirror,,, the body know's what you did last 24 hours and last summer LOL.  

I addition to cheating, some of these folks actually post their pics in the profile, and quite a few look well over 200 pounds.. Bro, if your walking 90 miles a day you should definitely try to post a pic when you were around 125 pounds to at least complete the cheat LOL.  People who can walk that distance are rocking around 5% body fat or less... 

Lolabambi
Beginner Level 5
Samsung Health

I think they are attaching it to their cats or dogs...... Its so annoying!!!! I work my **bleep** off to to my steps and they just cheat the system!!!!!!

prernamudai
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health

I agree. It is so annoying to see that someone would cheat for something meant for personal development. I completed the May Challenge today, walking average 20,000 steps per day, and I see this rank 1 having 2 million steps already? I did the maths. If he runs RUNS at 8kmph-10kmph still 10k-12k steps per hour should be an average. Does that mean that this person averaging 130000 per day, runs at 10kmph for 18 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY? Humanly impossible. 

Please do something about it Samsung.