Original topic:

Watch Active 2 Sleep Tracking

(Topic created on: 09-25-2020 11:45 AM)
AKC
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung Health
Hey there!

So my sleep tracking works great but the way the app conglomerates the data bothers me. 

It will track my sleep fine but I wake often in the night and if I wake up at 1am for a bit and fall back asleep in the morning it will only count my sleep as from after 1am. 

It tracks the previous sleep but adds it into the previous day's tracker. 

Basically say I slept 7.5 hours. 2 of them from 930 to 1130 and then managed to fall asleep again at 1230 to 6. 

In the morning it will say I only got 5.5 hours of sleep instead of 7.5 because it adds the first 2 hours to the previous day. 

This screws up my nightly sleep tally. And there is no way to edit days together so an actual sleep string is complete. Though editing every day would be a pain.

I understand why it breaks it up per 24 hour period in theory but for sleep it is an issue when you can't actually tell your true nightly hours.

Fitbit did this just fine. I never had an issue like this...

Also adding women's health tracker to the app would be great but I've seen people asking for years and placating lines like "were working on it". 

It would be nice to scroll through the sleep and heart rate charts to precise times as well like Fitbit allows. 

Also, on the watch the activity tracker bothers me that it only includes workouts in the activity ring and not your actual active minutes from the day. My app can say I was active for 4 hours worth of time and the watch ring will say 0 because I didn't initiate a workout or it did not autodetect one. But that doesn't mean I've been sedentary!

The health app is great but can definitely use these tweaks. 

If anyone has any workarounds I haven't found throw them at me!
1 Comment
YassA
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health
I just realized that sleep data are not accurate. I've compared to Fitbit versa 2 and garmin..... Both competitor provided the same result and my samsung watch was posting wrong data (I. E. 20min deep sleep vs 1h for Fitbit and garmin). I conta Ted samsung by chat and they told me I would have to pay the repair because I realized that the data was wrong after a year (out of warranty). I would recommend that you avoid samsung watches if you're looking for accurate sleep data.
0 Likes