Original topic:

Watch5 temperature

(Topic created on: 10-09-2022 05:28 PM)
bigknife
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung Health
Can the watch5 monitor skin temperature? I'd like the  values tracked in Samsung Heslth.

Thanks 
5 Comments
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Samsung Health
The sensor is there. But the actual functionality of it isn't out yet.

And nobody knows when Samsung will release the features pertaining to that sensor.
Nylah
Options
Samsung Health

Hi, we would like to tell you that currently, there is no temperature mode built in to the Samsung Health Monitoring app.

It cannot measure body temperature.

We'll ensure you that it will be considered as feedback and value your time contacting us.

We certainly bring it to our team for further review.

Hopefully, the feature that you're expecting might be added in a future update.

Fatwa
Active Level 9
Samsung Health
I suspect the skin temperature sensor is already functional and is help to optimize accuracy with sleep tracking and woman's menstrual cycle.

They are likely holding back any parlor use of skin temperature because it'll likely require medical certification. Maybe this time they are doing that in the background first as opposed to advertising the feature without its benefit applicable in major markets. Blood pressure and other sensors were a fiasco.

This is pure speculation though.
Samsung Health
There's a sensor there it's just not active in Canada yet, I have a feeling it'll be active in the new year or as soon as it's active in other regions there's always a way to unlock it through Android lol I'll keep this thread in mind and update you when I get new info
LuckyH
Active Level 1
Samsung Health

This month ( april 2023), many countries INCLUDING US have updated Samsung health including working Temp sensor. It's used for skin temp of Cycle tracking...

so...here in Canada, we'll wait... 

0 Likes