Original topic:

Why a sim card is required to use SamsungHealth on phone?

(Topic created on: 09-04-2021 03:21 PM)
PixelLeBlond
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Health

Hello,

I just buy an active 2 Watch and i was really supprise to see the SamsungHealth application required a Sim Card to work!

Do you think this limitation can be remove in a near futur?

Thank you,

Sylvain

10 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Samsung Health

Hi, Yes, You need a SIM card to use Samsung Health and also need an active Internet connection to synchronization of the data in your mobile and watch.

0 Likes
PixelLeBlond
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Hello Valeriya,

Thank you for your answer.

For the internet connection, we can use wi-fi connection or cellular connection. In our case, we choose to use the wi-fi connection only and for this reason the sim card is not required.

Is-it possible to remove the sim card requirement from the SamsungHealth application ?

Everything just work fine on my watch and my phone except the SamsungHealth application.

Thank you,

Sylvain

Unknownoof
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

How do you use wifi cause for me on iphone its just close

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Samsung Health

Hi PixelLeBlond,
Kindly be informed that Samsung Health now requires phone permission to provide a better service experience.
Please understand that permission is needed to verify the unique device identifier for the Together feature and is not used in other purposes.

- Phone permission of Samsung Health is not asking for an actual phone call or not browsing call history.

0 Likes
Debbie306056
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

My Samsung phone is strictly for my financial apps and I do not use it as a phone.  It does not have an active Sim card. 

Is there anyway you can stop making that a requirement for the app. 

I want to tie it into the evidation app. 

I will also tie my Garmin device into your app. 

DACHIBAY
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

This is completely stupid, 

That permission is completely unnecessary also for the together function that you mentioned as you have to be registered with your samsung account to access that (and having a samsung account implies having a phone number attached to it).

Furthermore, I have my mobile phone with a sim card, but want to have the samsung health app on my tablet too to do some fitness, but bc it that has no sim (the tablet doesn't get out of my house) I can't even launch the app. TREMENDOUSLY RIDICULOUS 

robchapman
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health

omg so Android 13 destroyed bluetooth connectivity. it drops after 30 seconds. so wont even stay connected long enough to set the app up again after a (suggested) watch4 reset.   so I am completedly stuck on Samsung health app.  so I thought Id try an old phone with android 12 installed.  of course it connects flawlessly to this phone and sets up OK.  THEN I try run samsung Health App and it says NO needs a SIM card.  why???   you both (Samsung and Google) do this evert time there is an update. is there there no quality control at all ?  I do not understand why you break stuff that is already working and also disable functionality.  there is absolutely no reason to have sim card ONLY for this app.  Am no looking fort smart device alternatives outside the Samsung / Android spheres as am sick of this happenening again and again

SMoxon
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health

Please allow this app not to be forced to do SIM check. I wanting to use this app on my tablet that does not use a SIM because it as a bigger screen. I do you it on my phone, but just want to see the data on the bigger screen.

Rickt1962
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

There is no reason for an active SIM card just need Wi-Fi I own several Samsung phones if you're gonna act like this it'll be the last Samsung phone !! I wanted to give this phone to my mom Galaxy S7 For just the health app