Original topic:

Why does Samsung Health have to "manage my phone calls?"

(Topic created on: 04-22-2021 11:55 AM)
fujica
Beginner Level 4
Options
Samsung Health

Why does Samsung Health have to "manage my phone calls?"  I can no longer use the app which I depend on for health information.  Thanks for nothing Samsung.

Samsung Health

Commonality is not causality.
Where is the official samsung response? An honest one?

Samsung Health
This is the only new entry appeared under Samsung Health settings with the explaination.
Members_qqsGBkl
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Thank you for your advice I did what you said worked perfectly. 

Allow permission than go to setting and deny 👍

Monique3
Beginner Level 5
Samsung Health

I'm not happy about the 'managing calls' part either and I have denied access which means that the app cant be accessed now. It says something in terms and conditions about Samsung being able to monitor messages and linked apps to the health app so it seems sneaky to me especially as I could receive calls just fine when health app was being used before this update.

This is so frustrating when I've bought a Galaxy watch to go with my phone.

Johnol
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health
I agree Samsung please fix this. I have been using this app for years but will not grant this access. Enough is enough with apps wanting so much access
Panchos1
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health

Absolutely agree I think its time to sell my samsung devices & move onto an alternative provider. 

SteveBeck
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

I am dumping my Samsung Watch and the Sansung Health app.  At first a telephone number was required to do the monthly challenges.  Now Samsung wants blanket control over my phone and account.  Using the Samsung Health app just isn't worth giving them complete control.  I know that 2FA is more secure but do I really care if someone is able to **bleep** into my breakfast menu?

I will be looking for an alternative wearable and accompanying app that will not want to have as much access to my device and data.

Samsung Health

My wife just left the phone and watch on my desk.
I agree.

DaveBolt
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

When I am developing apps which require permissions like "manage my phone calls" I add an explanation of why the permission is required.

This is a health app, so it does not need to make/manage phone calls in order to work. It doesn't even need that permission for 2FA.

Not allowing access to calls should NOT completely block use of the app anyway, just prevent use of whatever 'feature' supposedly requires it.

I will not be using Samsung Health any longer and have uninstalled it.

MarkB_LV
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

Hi All,

It is possible to ALLOW permission just to get past that screen - and then immediately afterward REMOVE THE PERMISSION in your Android apps settings.

Exactly how you do this might vary but somewhere in the general Android settings there will be a Permissions manager, and you can individually alter specific permissions for specific apps (phone, location, phone etc.).

This works fine for me - I've just done it now on my non-Samsung phone (paired with a Samsung Gear S3) and I can still get into the Health App no problem.

I completely agree that it's ridiculous to force us to accept when it clearly isn't needed to operate correctly.  So frustrating.

Hopefully that helps, anyway.

Mark