Original topic:

Edit Samsung Pay Barcode Type

(Topic created on: 02-14-2020 06:49 AM)
DFX
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Pay
Is there a way to edit the barcode shown on your membership cards? Eg: instead of barcode, change it into QR code.
5 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Samsung Pay
I don't believe so, there's currently no option for QR code
진시형
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
I found out how to do it since the last update. You no longer can set it yourself. Samsung pay will save your custom membership as the same type of code it scanned by default. So if you scanned a standard barcode it will save as such. If you scan a QR code then it will save as one. However for QR codes it seems it now has a limit in characters to how much can be saved. But I was able to get my QR codes saved again. I think they wanted to make it more intuitive for users...

tip: if you want to convert a barcode to a QR code; copy the code, and save it in a QR code generator, and then scan it with Samsung pay. It should save as a QR code. I did this by scanning the QR code off my pc monitor with my phone.
DFX
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
Thanks for the detailed answer! I remember there was an option to change it before, but I'm glad they made it more intuitive for users.
Sebas84
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay

https://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/

Here a qr code generator that work with samsung pay.

Screenshot_20200616-204921_Samsung Pay.jpg

0 Likes
shree_anish
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay

Yes, you can make it on your own... Here is a QR code generator that works with Samsung pay, all you need to make a QR code there and put it on.

0 Likes