Original topic:

find my mobile?

(Topic created on: 09-12-2020 06:57 PM)
AD1987
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Pay
I would really like to know if this feature actually works. I have had several phones stolen in last year all of which I've used find my mobile all of which I have I quipped with find my mobile none of which are responding nor does Samsung assist when I ask. I'm just curious as to why this is even on the phones when it doesn't even work googles is no good batter please I've lost 2 phones in the last 6 months and their warranties were and even up but I can't claim at because they were stolen and they don't cover stolen phones since when does a warranty not cover a stolen item what the hell is the point of a warranty seriously guys look up what the warranty does not cover and asked them what it does cover because the worker at the Samsung stores they just shrug their shoulders they have no idea because it covers nothing
10 Comments
vickybantin
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
for the find my phone, it hasn't worked for me too.... for the warrantee, I don't think any product covers for stolen items. what if u where careless with the phone or u intentionally tell them u misplaced it, meanwhile it's still there and u just want to collect a new one that would be their loss and there's no way to prove that the device was actually stolen. There's a warrantee card in ur samsung devices where you can read what it covers for.

1) earpiece
2) battery
3) sometimes u pay half prize for fixing your screen within that period
4) phone repairs etc.

Have had my battery changed and earpiece for free when I entered a samsung outlet. Am yet to see any warrantee that covers for stolen product.
0 Likes
AD1987
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
yea? what was the deductible for each of those replacements?...were u selling batteries and earpieces on the blackmarjet? no probably not. and neither am i
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Samsung Pay
Insurances cover theft.
Warranties cover defects.
Simple.
Samsung Pay
Hi AD1987, find my phone works. But someone turn off the phone, I don't think find my phone will work.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Samsung Pay

Thanks everyone.

Hi AD1987, you must be signed in to your Samsung Account on your device, the mobile phone must be switched on and the internet (either wifi or mobile data) must be activated on the mobile phone to be able to trace it. Please be informed that the warranty doesn't protect your smartphone if it's lost or stolen.

0 Likes
SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
Find my phone is also used by Samsung to remote access your phone for assistance with issues.

If the phone is stolen and the person defaults the phone, there is no way for it to respond.
0 Likes
neals
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
theres new find my device by samsung not googles new one is under new smarthings app
0 Likes
neals
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
this is smart find
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Samsung Pay
@AD1987 ..... I have been using "Lookout" for a number of years. If your phone is lost or stolen, SIM Card removed, low battery, Incorrect login etc .... Lookout takes a picture of the individual and sends you a notification with the person's GPS location and address as an official report that you can take to the police.
Lookout is free or you can pay $29 for a year and get extra coverage.
0 Likes