Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Lost access to Samsung Pay

(Topic created on: 08-14-2021 01:55 AM)
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Options
Samsung Pay
So I have an A20 and been using the Samsung Pay app for awhile. Well, the other night after resetting my phone, I went to download the app from both the Galaxy Store and the Play store and it says my Device is not compatible. But, the Samsung website has it on the list of compatible devices, as long as it has NFC, which mine does.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay

You should have no problem downloading it from apk mirror, but not sure if you'll be able to install it?

🤞

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/samsung-pay/

View solution in context

25 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay

If you have backed up your phone with smart switch, before you factory reset, you should just be able to restore all the apps you had previously. 

You didn't by any chance, root your A20? If you did, Samsung Pay would no longer be compatible. 

AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
Yeah, I chose to start fresh. I was just thinking that maybe I'll restore from the backup. And no, I didn't root it. I'm not at that "geek" level to know how to do that, haha
Samsung Pay
Was the Samsung Pay app comes with the phone? Or you install it from Playstore?
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
I installed it from the store.
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
I think try suggestion from RedDogRabbit. I am not sure if Samsung Pay support on A20. Since many says A20 Samsung Pay only support in Australia and Russia. But you were using it before. Hmmm...maybe restote from backup may keep the app working.
Georgine
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi AmeriCanuck, please try the steps suggested by RedDogRabbit.

Also,  could you tell us the device's status by following steps?

Settings-About phone-status-device status.

AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
Ok, I will let you know. One other thing I didn't mention and don't know if it matters is I just activated cell service with Shaw Mobile.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay

If you mean that you switched Carriers to Shaw, or a brand new activation, it shouldn't affect Samsung Pay.

You can try resetting Samsung Pay & Clear both Cache & Data for it, if you're able to install it. 

AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Samsung Pay
I can't even download it from either store, even from Settings>Samsung Account>Samsung Apps and Services
0 Likes