Original topic:

MST removed

(Topic created on: 01-18-2021 01:57 AM)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Options
Samsung Pay
Samsung pay had more to offer then other pay options over the past few generations. Since it appears that newer samsung devices are no longer going to have MST. (Yes I know most payment terminals have been upgraded to NFC) Suddenly I don't see much point in continuing to use samsung pay in the future. Because if it's going to work just like other pay services with out MST in New devices, then we may as well use Google pay because it doesn't bombarded you will banner ads with its super clean U.I. not trying to be a negative Nancy here but I'm just being honest with my feed back. Samsung if you are going keep the no MST a thing, at least remove the banner ads in your services. At least give us a good reason why you keep ignoring us about the banner ads! We know samsung makes money from it but customers don't like seeing them. 

Just a repost of my previous example pictures

Google pay
👇🏻

11 Comments
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay

Canadian Variant S21, S21+ and ultra S21 has MST if you look at the newsroom in Canada. Only Variant doesn't have it in the US. Even though US S21 lost it function. Co-founder got patent back and start campaign and create OV-Valet. Key FOB supports MST with NFC for us consumer and releasing in April and massive producing right now.

0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
Good find. Hope the spec sheet in the newsroom is accurate.

Screenshot_20210118-020026_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay

I found info on Saturday and lazy to post. I rather answer people question and less headache. Give thumbs up to Samsung ads on Facebook and trying to upselling me Galaxy tab active 3 that is where I found it.

0 Likes
Samsung Pay

But Canadian S21 doesn’t has MST, right?

0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Samsung Pay
wow I hope this is right, I really find it annoying that samsung devices can be so different. you can buy a device in Canada and buy one in Europe and then buy one in South America and they will likely all have different specs. the SD and exynos I'm sure we all are aware of. but things like the network specs can be all different. 🤷🏻♂️ but I think samsung markets them as all the same when they are not.
0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
welcome to Samsung nitpick flagship. 🙄🙄creates too many and too much headaches for the consumers.
0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
I just played around with Samsung Pay on the S21 Ultra, MST is removed for the Canadian models also.
0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
I notice newsrooms was modify after I start post this. Apparently there was a post at Reddit, on sub Freedomsmobile. There was changes on newsroom. More people will move to GPay except watch users. This is a big mistake for samsung. I 🙏 OV-Valet comes to Canada. MST+NFC key fob.
0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
They do indicate in Canadian version and not in US. if you look at newsroom in us and only NFC appears on the list. On the global site indicates MST still exist other country, but US not part of it. Depends on the country

Screenshot_20210118-074944_Firefox Focus.png

Screenshot_20210118-075011_Firefox Focus.png

0 Likes