Original topic:

Problems with Samsung Pay

(Topic created on: 05-27-2020 07:43 PM)
MikieBoi
Beginner Level 5
Options
Samsung Pay
Anybody having trouble with Samsung Pay lately? I open a card with fingerprint verification, the card pops up for a second, and then closes. I love using Samsung Pay, so hopefully it's a software fix. If I keep having to reset it, I'll just switch to Google Pay. 
8 Comments
jamesy
Active Level 9
Samsung Pay
no problems here. I've used it 4 times today no problem.
Samsung Pay
Hi MikieBoi, I have no problem using Samsung Pay too.

The following method may require you to add all your bank cards and member cards again.

Try the following:
Open Settings → Apps → Samsung Pay→ Storage
Clear data and clear cache

Then add all the cards again.
Try Samsung Pay again.
MikieBoi
Beginner Level 5
Samsung Pay
This seems to have done it. Thanks!
Eleventeen
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Pay
try long pressing on the app, inf Then check the permissions. should have full permissions except it doesn't need sms or location.
If changing those don't help, you can press uninstall to revert to the factory version.
you can also try updating to either the Google play version or the galaxy store version, depending on your region, they can vary.
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
Open Samsung Pay and navigate to Settings>General>Reset app. Lets see if that fixes the problem you may have to add your cards again.
Kinsley
Options
Samsung Pay

Hey @MikieBoi,

Please try to clear the cache and data for the Samsung pay app. Also, make sure the Samsung Pay app is updated to the latest version.

To Clear Cache and data follow the steps provided by @Tallman, and then add all the cards again. Now try the Samsung Pay and get back to us with the result.

(Note: Clearing data resets an app to its default state.)

MikieBoi
Beginner Level 5
Samsung Pay
It seems to have worked since being reset. Thanks to all for the advice!
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay
DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK or you will be flooded with ads and might even get pop-up ads on your phone all the time. I repeat, DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK. This person is only trying to make money from S Members with stolen content. Don't reward this shameful behavior.
0 Likes