Original topic:

S10 lite and Note 10 lite - Samsung Pay

(Topic created on: 08-03-2020 07:20 AM)
ototo
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung Wallet/Pay
Hi All

Would like to ask that both S10 lite and Note 10 Lite support Samsung pay?

Thanks
9 Comments
TommyOliver
Active Level 7
Samsung Wallet/Pay

I guess it should, unless the phone doesn't come with NFC...

Sy3ney
Expert Level 2
Samsung Wallet/Pay
I thought "Samsung Pay" was one of the Samsung popular apps in its devices since S7 phone series launched up to latest devices.
Carzon
Active Level 3
Samsung Wallet/Pay
Hi otto,

Please refer to attached photo for your reference.

Samsung S10 Lite & Note 10 Lite do support Samsung Pay because both devices come with Near Field Communications (NFC).
ototo
Active Level 3
Samsung Wallet/Pay
alright guys
thanks
0 Likes
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Samsung Wallet/Pay
Hello, both device can use Samsung Pay, but do note that it's NFC only, meaning you can use Samsung Pay if the counter supports PayWave or similar wireless method (like WiFi logo)..

For older PoS system such as those that requires you to swipe your card, you can't use Samsung Pay because there's no MST tech build into the phone. You can read more about MST online (Magnetic Secure Transmission) if not mistaken.
Wermy
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Wallet/Pay

Noooooooo! Damnit. I just "upgraded" from an s9 to a Note 10 Lite for the sake of the S Pen (and I'm already attached), but I didn't know that I was going to lose that feature. I know a lot of places provide the NFC means for using pay, but I the majority of the time I've used it, it was with the MST method.

Wait, I just tried to install Samsung Pay on mine, and it said it's not supported on my device; why might that be?

0 Likes
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Samsung Wallet/Pay
samsung pay is supposed to be preloaded on supported device.
maybe u can try searching on galaxy store to see if its available for download, or if u accidentally deleted maybe try backing up your device and restore to factory setting...

if you own a device say from other country, this might be more tedious, but i do know some ppl can get them to work.. hope it helps.
0 Likes
MestreDosMestres
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Wallet/Pay

I cant add my credit card to it...Samsung Pay doesn't seem to be available for this model. Any alternative?

0 Likes
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Samsung Wallet/Pay
only debit/credit card from certain banks are supported. I think you can find the list online.