Original topic:

Samsung Pay and NFC

(Topic created on: 09-08-2018 08:53 AM)
Cprice
★
Options
Samsung Pay
For those who use Samsung Pay all the time and don't want to keep NFC on all the time. you can use Routines within GoodLock of you have it installed, just create a routine to turn on NFC when you use Samsung Pay, after you're done, NFC will turn off.

I posted this tip early, but thanks to @Richman, this routines is not needed as NFC will turn on automatically once you launch Samsung Pay and start the payment process and then NFC will turn off.a38cdb54-960a-4926-91c3-a20b18741f72.jpg
13 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Samsung Pay
nice find.......
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Samsung Pay
It happens automatically though! @Cprice 😉

Turn off your NFC. Then select a card and start Samsung Pay. You'll see NFC turned on automatically! Then when you quit Samsung Pay, NFC gets turned off automatically too.
Samsung Pay
@Richman, you're right it does turn on automatically once you start Samsung Pay, I would always turn it on/off manually, I glad I still posted my tip, because now I learned something new. That's why I love the Samsung Members community.

Thanks @Richman
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Samsung Pay
Absolutely, I also didn't know that it works like this tbh! if you didn't post this I wouldn't check it out. Now we both learned something new, and other members will learn something new too.
Yeah this community is awesome, we can always get new useful knowledge from each other.

And you're welcome as always @Cprice
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
@Cprice, @RichMan, this is awesome. I am definitely going to try using Samsung Pay. I work in the retail industry and see a lot of customers pay with their phone.
stmax
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
I just keep NFC on. Is there a big impact to battery to keep it off?
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
I keep NFC OFF, and I can still use Samsung Pay just fine :)
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
@Snowcat19, as @Richman made me aware of, NFC turns on automatically when you launch Samsung Pay, when you launch Samsung Pay, pull down the notification panel and you'll notice that NFC will have turned on, and then turns off once you close Samsung Pay.
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
yup it's pretty cool!! :)
0 Likes