Original topic:

Samsung Pay asks for a zip code

(Topic created on: 03-27-2022 07:33 AM)
CaddiiDaddii
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Pay
I live in Canada but samsung pay is asking for a zip code.  Any fix for this? Pls help. 
carr0498
Active Level 10
Samsung Pay
If you go into your device settings, look for About Phone, and post the model number....should look like SM-G975W

If yours doesn't appear exactly like that, then your model isn't a Canadian variant and S Pay will not work for you.
CaddiiDaddii
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
G975U .... thanks. makes sense as to why it doesn't work.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Samsung Pay
Yeah, appears to be the U.S. variant. Unfortunately you'll never get it to work for Canadian banks
0 Likes
CaddiiDaddii
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
too bad my Samsung watch doesn't support Google pay or I wouldn't even care. thanks for explaining.
0 Likes
JackGunn
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay

As Canadians we can enter zip codes by placing two zeroes in front of the numbers in the postal code.  So in my case my postal code is T5X 0J1 so my zip code is 00501. 

This is also useful to know in case you have to purchase gas at a U.S. gas station and you're paying with your card.  Often those gas pumps will ask for your zip code and that's the way to do it.

You were close by putting two zeroes at the end, but you have to put them at the front.  🙂  Good news is you can still use Samsung Pay.

Klassifyed
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Pay

Thanks for this, worked perfectly!

mikewies
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Pay

Can confirm this worked!! I had the same problem, and was able to use 00542 (my postal code is M5V4B2) -- Can I give this 10x likes for going beyond and helping me with filling up in the US as well??? I've been late returning a rental car to the airport before and had to drive around looking for a station I could actually pay at

Samsung_CheNeAr
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay

If this ever happens to anyone again you just have to remember Beverly Hills 90210 XD

You can use 90210 for anything - it's their postal code.

0 Likes
Samsung_Mf2NMVf
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay

That doesn't work either.

0 Likes
Christina9
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Pay
Thanks a lot
0 Likes