Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung pay country issues

(Topic created on: 12-30-2020 07:10 AM)
chijyke
Beginner Level 3
Options
Samsung Pay
I recently bought a phone off someone on Kijiji and I noticed the phone was a T-Mobile phone the phone set up was fine without any issues however and Samsung pay for some reason seems to think I'm in the US. It keeps asking me for zip code when I want to add my cards even though of course we don't use that in Canada any ideas what I can do to fix this issue. Google pay of course seems to be the better option in this case
0 Likes
4 Comments
Solution
keagan
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi chijyke, Could you please ask him for the place of purchase of the Samsung device. Please note that Samsung pay is country specific app.

0 Likes
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay

A T-Mobile  phone is a US phone, regardless of where it was purchased. It also depends on what firmware it is running. He can check in about phone, software information, if it has Canadian firmware, there will be a "W" after the model number, for example SM-G988W.

His only option may be to use Google Pay. 

chijyke
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Pay
thanks guys I did not know about the "W" on mobile phones and yes it is a US phone (SM-A716U). Google pay it is then.
keagan
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi, Thanks for letting us know that the device is not a Canadian model. Please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query.

0 Likes