Original topic:

Samsung Pay isn't supported on S21+

(Topic created on: 03-27-2022 04:28 PM)
Shyinito
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi, why is that tge Samsung Pay isn't compatible on my S21+ while others still can use it?, I bought this phone in the Philippines then I moved to Canada.
0 Likes
7 Comments
Brantley
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi Shyinito, Samsung pay app works only in the region within the device was purchased.

Shyinito
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
How can I use it, if it is unavailable in Philippines but I lived in Canada now
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay

Samsung Moderators are often incorrect, unfortunately. 

The information you were given is not necessary correct. 

There's a couple things that you can try (Assuming that the Credit/ Debit card you are using supports Samsung Pay, ie: TD). 

Try Clearing Cache & Data for Samsung Pay & Reboot. 

The other more complicated thing, that should work, would be to Flash the CORRECT Canadian version of your Device, however I THINK that your device from the Philippines may use the Exynos Chip, in which case there is no Canadian Firmware for your device. 

Kind of related, I would think that if I go to the US / UK etc, I should still be able to use Samsung Pay, so long as my Credit / Debit card is supported in the countries that I visit. 

I'd start by Clearing Cache & Data for Samsung Pay & see if it works with your Credit / Debit cards.

Also, if you Rooted your device, Samsung Pay will NEVER work! 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/change-samsung-pay-location/m-p/476774#M21

Shyinito
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
Yes, my phone chip is exynos, therefore I will not able to use Samsung Pay?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay

Like I said, try Clearing Cache & Data for Samsung Pay & Reboot. See if that works for you. 

The other thing that you could try would be to use Google Pay & see if that works for you? 

0 Likes
Shyinito
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
Already tried it, and it doesn't really work, I actually use Google Pay, but I wanted to try the samsung pay
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
Moderator is right for this post. Samsung Pay region lock. Purchase phone outside Canada and won't allow setup. You need to change CSC to get work. Exynos processor will have to ask another forum to get it work. Samsung makes different app in different region and function can be limit region by region. If you really want to use app badly. Sell phone and purchase Canadian model or ask another forum if they can help you change csc. Device reset and preinstall Spay. CSC code: XAC
0 Likes