Original topic:

Samsung Pay on Active 2 Reset itself

(Topic created on: 07-24-2021 01:29 PM)
ScottK
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Pay
In general Samsung Pay works fine on my Active 2 watch but twice now over the last year (including yesterday) I went to use it and it says to check the phone and I have to re-enroll the credit card. It's like it completely reset the Pay app and I had to start from scratch.

The issue is that in order for me to consider Samsung Pay a valid choice it needs to be reliable. It cannot just reset itself without warning. I understand that perhaps after an update info may need to be re-entered but I should be prompted to do so rather than finding out when I am trying to pay that the card info is no longer associated with the watch. 

It's an interesting concept to head out for a run with just the watch and Bluetooth headphones and thinking if I stop at a store for something I can pay with the watch. Unfortunately, since Samsung pay lacks reliability one cannot confidently do that. 

Thanks

9 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi, could you let us know if its a Bluetooth watch or LTE model?

0 Likes
ScottK
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
Bluetooth. Thanks
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi, please try the below steps and get back to us with the results.

1. Unpair the watch from your phone.

Navigate to and open Settings on your phone. Tap Connections, and then tap Bluetooth. From the Paired devices list, tap the Settings (gear) icon next to your watch name, and then tap Unpair.

2. Reset your watch.

From the watch's Home screen, press the Home key (Power key), and then tap Settings. You can also swipe down the Status panel, and then tap the Settings icon.

Next, swipe to and tap General, and then tap Reset. Then, tap the checkmark or Reset to confirm.

3. Uninstall Galaxy Wearable.

Navigate to and open the Apps screen on your phone. Touch and hold the Galaxy Wearable app, and then tap Uninstall. To uninstall the plugin, navigate to and open Settings, and then tap Apps. Find the plugin for your watch (e.g. Galaxy Watch Active2), tap it, and then tap Uninstall. Tap OK to confirm.

Depending on your carrier, you may not be able to uninstall the Galaxy Wearable app. Instead, tap Force stop, and then tap Storage. Tap Clear data, and then tap OK. Repeat this process for the plugin.

4. Uninstall the Samsung Pay plug-in.

Navigate to and open Settings on your phone. Swipe to and tap Apps, and then swipe to tap either Samsung Pay (Watch plug-in) or Samsung Pay (Gear plug-in). Now, tap Uninstall. Tap OK to confirm.

5. Reinstall the Galaxy Wearable app.

Navigate to and open either Galaxy Store or Play Store on your phone. Search for and select Galaxy Wearable, and then tap Install.

6. Reconnect your watch and phone, and then check for software updates.

Open the Galaxy Wearable app, and then tap Get started. Select your watch from the list, and then follow the prompts to reconnect your devices. From the Home tab, swipe to and tap Watch software update, and then tap Download and install. If an update is available, tap INSTALL.

0 Likes
ScottK
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
Apologies if my post was not clear. The app works fine currently and most of the time but twice now over the last year when I went to use it I had to set it up again for it to function. I am informing Samsung that having this happen makes it not possible to trust that Samsung Pay will work when I need it. Should this occur because of a Pay app or watch update then after the update the user needs to be prompted to reauthorize the watch for pay rather than the user finding that the Pay app does not work when they try and use it.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi, if you come across the issue, please try above steps and get back to us with the results.

0 Likes
Faizan1
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay

Similar thing happened but on my samsung phone a52s. I suspect that since i have turned on the option where you swipe up on screen off and samsung pay opens, and it had reset it self dur to accidental touches while fone being in my pocket...or bixby routines could be the culprit

0 Likes
terio
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
On peut m aider .je veux remettre cell à valeur d usine .tout remettre etat neuf
0 Likes
naedog199
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
Hi
0 Likes
naedog199
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
Hello
0 Likes