Original topic:

Samsung Pay usage and reliability

(Topic created on: 02-27-2022 06:52 PM)
Sammyaus
Active Level 7
Options
Samsung Pay
Need your review and comments around Samsung pay.  Couple of months back I was using Google pay and my card was hacked multiple times. Now I have stopped using Google pay. My new card is working fine since then. I want to use some contactless payment methods so thought of asking how safe and secure is Samsung pay if anyone been using it for a long time. 
11 Comments
Samsung Pay
I've been using Samsung pay since I got my s21. No complaints yet.
Samsung Pay
I've been using it for about 2 years now and never had an issue. It's quite safe from my experience. For example you need to authenticate every transaction with your pin/fingerprint, and they don't store anything on your phone/device - instead you get set up with this virtual account.

You can find more information on Samsung's website here: https://www.samsung.com/au/apps/samsungpay/ and you can also check with your bank regarding Samsung pay.
Sammyaus
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
Good to know this feedback. I was using Google pay with commonwealth bank credit card and my experience was super bad. Consecutively and back to back my card was misused and then I stopped as I ran out of patience blocking the card and getting a new one.
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
Never had issues with either samsung pay or Google pay here.
Sammyaus
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay
I was using Google pay with commonwealth bank credit card and my experience was super bad. Consecutively and back to back my card was misused and then I stopped as I ran out of patience blocking the card and getting a new one.
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
That's a very frustrating experience, that'd put me off using it as well.

The only reason I use Google pay is because samsung pay does not support one of my bank.

Just wondering, did this happen with the same merchant? Did you also try factory resetting your phone?
0 Likes
Sammyaus
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay

No i didn't do any factory reset.

0 Likes
Samsung Pay
Ive been using Google Pay for years, no issues. I don't think either pay platform is compromised, if either was, it would be front page news
Sammyaus
Active Level 7
Samsung Pay

Not sure with which bank you are affiliated. But I am with commonwealth bank (master card) and the card was compromised multiple times in conjunction with Google Pay.

0 Likes