Original topic:

Samsung pay when will we get any new features?

(Topic created on: 02-07-2020 09:34 PM)
진시형
Active Level 6
Options
Samsung Pay
I am hoping there is something in the works for new features for Samsung Pay... We don't have even the gift card option. Also we need new memberships added. There are way more in Canada that could onboarded than what is currently offered. Although I know that Samsung pay allows for great customization when adding memberships that are not supported which I appreciate greatly and have fully utilized. It would also be practical to have paypal available like the U.S. and U.K.  Paypal can be linked to Samsung pay even for face to face purchases. And hopefully transit cards can be added soon. I feel Samsung pay in Canada has been slow at getting major updates aside from slight UI improvements. There's also the money transfers, Samsung rewards, deals & coupons and bunch of other things I am leaving out that other countries are enjoying on Samsung pay that Canadians are missing out on....
16 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Samsung Pay
I have to agree ...Its pretty basic still no debit card support for Samsung watches plus all the items mentioned above..

It would be nice to see some added features...
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Samsung Pay
Also support for opting out of having your personal info sold to whoever pays the most. This option is available in the US due to California law.

And yes adding support for public transportation payment cards would be great, as many of the used terminals support NFC.

Honestly, as you said, improvements for S Pay Canada have been so minimal, it feels like it has become a mere afterthought...
mytech
Expert Level 3
Samsung Pay
Yip, it all should work, like seriously w t f billions and billions of $ and can't make all this work omg someone/s should be FIRED! honestly it's not that hard, like fixing this forum 🤦♂️, which has got better 👍 but omg w t f, just, w t f 🤦♂️
Sometimes it's like my smartphone is really stupid ugh 🤷♂️
Or @ least the people who Program it are 🤦♂️
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Samsung Pay
Oh I have to mention no open bootloader too like w t f, if you can't do it we could fix some stuff having this option, my device yet I can't do what I want with it sometimes, some stuff works but some is wayyyyyyy sub par 🤦‍♂️
0 Likes
KKC123
Active Level 5
Samsung Pay
i totally agree to all of you, i guess it is because not many canadian use mobile payment here, in my experience, i only see once, maybe, every few days, but mostly apple pay, canadian is attached to the use of credit cards and have no confidence on using a cell phone to pay
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Samsung Pay
i always use Samsung pay, have my debt and CC linked. i would love more updates or features like all mentioned and samsung rewards.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Samsung Pay
I have a hard time adding cards to samsung pay, I have, but I've only tried the tap option. Has anyone tried to use the swipe to use more than $100?
Because tap is capped @ $100 @ least for me 🤷‍♂️
Then need to insert or swipe.
0 Likes
DFX
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay
The limit is set by your bank. You can probably call them to change it.
0 Likes
진시형
Active Level 6
Samsung Pay
I was able to use Swipe with MST to pay for my hotel in Korea. The charge was 650, 000 KRW = 650 $ USD I had used my BMO Harris debit card at the time. (debit cards in the U.S.. use the Mastercard or Visa network not interac so MST works. It worked :). I also once used my Visa Scotia credit card at Thebay for 210 $ using MST as they had no paypass at the time.