Original topic:

Samsung Wallet in Canada

(Topic created on: 06-21-2022 04:31 PM)
DanLee
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung Pay
So, the first five countries didn't include Canada. When will be available?

Thanks
16 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung Pay
Here we go again eh!
DanLee
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
Not surprised. But need a date😑
Helenna
Options
Samsung Pay

Hi DanLee, we understand your requirements. We will keep you posted once the update is available for Canada devices.

DanLee
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
Thanks Helenna. Also, please let the Headquarter know, Canada should get involved something in the first round. We have been delayed too much
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Samsung Pay
The typical we don't know but will let you know answer lol. I'm unsure why Canada is always last 😞
TimeLord
Active Level 2
Samsung Pay
Small market and tight government rules as well as big five banks and service providers like to take their time
0 Likes
Samus08
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay

As somone who has used the US and Canadian versions of Samsung Pay, I can tell you they are pretty different. The US version is very spammy, full of advertisements, coupons, etc. For the loyalty cards, it has a totally different set of companies to pick from too. I can't recall if it accepted my Interac cards or not, I think I just tried it with my Visa, but it wouldn't have surprised me if Interac didn't work.  I hated the spammy-ness, it was a big reason I flashed my S22 firmware to a Canadian variant... well I do live in Canada too.

Anyways, the point is that there seems to be regional variations of Samsung Pay, so it isn't case of simply Denying Canadians,  they actually have to do work to enable it for each reason, and can't simply copy/paste code from another region. Even just porting over the Interac support would be different. So they likely chose a few of the biggest markets for rollout. Iron the bugs out then do the secondary markets like Canada. Nothing we do to change that unless Canada starts buying 3 galaxy phones per citizen every year.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Samsung Pay
I live in Canada and use the US version of samung wallet now and all my cards (Canada & US ) including the interac works flawlessly. No issues with spammy you are talking about.
Dashtalks
Active Level 1
Samsung Pay

How did you get the Samsung wallet to work in Canada? 

0 Likes