Original topic:

Using Samsung pay with a ling RBC debit/credit card and petro points linked

(Topic created on: 12-11-2020 09:25 AM)
mike88
Active Level 4
Options
Samsung Pay
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone uses samsung pay with rbc and has their petro points linked. 

I use samsung pay and my default card is my rbc debit card and my petro points are linked to it. so I don't need the loyalty card anymore. Points are automatically added because they are all linked.

Anyways today I paid for gas with my phone but I did not receive the points or save the $0.03/liter as advertised. Wondering if this is some sort of glitch where you can't use samsung pay with loyalty cards and accumulate points through purchases. It did work one time in the past for me with a lottery purchase and now this is only my second time trying at a petro canada with samsung pay.

The store clerk said sometimes that happens, you need to unlink your petro points card from your RBC account and then re-link it. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. 
0 Likes
20 Comments
aliteepu
Active Level 3
Samsung Pay
may be its a glitch...coz normally whatever points cards is attached to main payment card,collection n redeeming of points are automatic. check your petro card or the receipt about recent purchase.if u didn't get the points,call petro customer service.
mike88
Active Level 4
Samsung Pay
that's exactly what I did yesterday. I checked the receipt and I checked my Petro points balance on the app and nothing. The receipt said you could have earned 414 Petro points. So I went inside and I did dress the issue to the clerk and he checked his system and he said know your debit card is not linked but then I opened my RBC app and it says right there in plain sight that my debit card is linked to my Petro card. Doesn't make any sense but it's not worth waiting for hours on hold for customer support at Petro Canada. Trust me I've tried to call before.

I'm just trying to find out if other people are going through similar issues with the same two cards using Samsung pay. Because if that's the problem I'll just tap my card instead of using NFC.
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
I have the same thing, easier to just use the physical debit card save yourself the hassle.
mike88
Active Level 4
Samsung Pay
I'm going to have to do that from now on. It's not worth the risk to lose the points.
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
this happens to me before on the last update of samsung pay.. so i re-link my card then all became well. hehehe..
0 Likes
mike88
Active Level 4
Samsung Pay
yeah I just re linked my card last night. we will see what happens.

did you use Samsung pay with RBC debit or credit and a linked Petro card?
Samsung Pay
yup hehe.. petro gas forever lol..
keagan
Options
Samsung Pay

Thanks gokongming.

Hi mike88, Thanks for trying the resolution provided by @gokongming. Please take the time to check and let us know if that resolved the issue.

mike88
Active Level 4
Samsung Pay
if you're talking about deleting the Link Card and then re adding it, I just did that and I'm going to try it on my next purchase.

I will keep you posted.