Original topic:

won't let me add card on watch app

(Topic created on: 08-28-2020 03:50 PM)
esaliken
Beginner Level 4
Options
Samsung Pay
I have a visa debit with CIBC. Samsung pay let me add it on my phone's app no problem at all, but when I go to add it on my watch it just keeps saying card is not supported. But it let me add it on my phone absolutely no issue? Anyone have any insight????
0 Likes
12 Comments
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Samsung Pay
I had somewhat of a similar issue and I ended up having to call the bank so they could activate it. The bank will tell you if they support the watch.
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Samsung Pay
debt is not supported on watches in canada only credit cards are
keagan
Options
Samsung Pay

Thanks Fatwa.

Hi esaliken, If Samsung Pay isn't working properly on your Samsung smart watch, the issue is most likely the Samsung Pay plug-in. Uninstall and reinstall the plugin and the Galaxy Wearable app, and then try connecting again.

If that doesn't work, then please try to contact the bank as suggested by Fatwa and let us know the results.

Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Samsung Pay
we know the results lol, only credit cards are supported on watches in Canada for sammy
CustomsBoy
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay

Can you advise if this is the fix for a general issue with Samsung pay or specifically for the issue noted which is that the G4 does not allow the loading of debit cards to the watch?

0 Likes
disc
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Pay
Not the best fix. I had a cibc visa on my watch, tried Uninstaller/ reinstalling and since then cibc will go into phone, but not the watch.
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
Habsfan is right. Samsung Pay support debit card and credit card on phone. But ONLY credit card on Galaxy Watch. Debit card is not support on watch in Canada.
esaliken
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Pay
okay, another question than. since it's a visa debit, I read that CIBC visas are accepted on the watch. any way I can add it as a visa instead of a debit card?
0 Likes
Samsung Pay
I have tge same VISA Debit card, but I am also not able to add. So I guess cannot add this as a VISA, because the account is debit..🤔
0 Likes