Original topic:

Download in progress

(Topic created on: 05-08-2023 09:41 AM)
Ory1
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Smart Switch
Hi 
This has been downloading on my notification screen on my new Samsung for 3 days and is draining my battery. I can't close it or find it on my phone to stop it. I just changed from Apple to Samsung and bought a storage plan on google one.... please help? Anyone know what it is and why it's there? tia 

13 Comments
shawty08
Active Level 3
Samsung Smart Switch
Virus??? Maybe contact samsung themselves?
Ory1
Active Level 1
Samsung Smart Switch
Hey 👋 got it sorted. Called samsung directly and they sorted it over the phone with remote access which was clever 😀 thanks everyone for your help. Much appreciated
shawty08
Active Level 3
Samsung Smart Switch
Your very welcome , glad to help
0 Likes
Samsung Smart Switch
I just did a quick search on Gstatic.
Apparently it's a domain owned by Google.

"Gstatic is a special website that Google owns. It is used to help Google's content load faster from their servers all around the world. Google uses gstatic.com to store important information like JavaScript code, pictures, and style sheets."

I've never seen this, but then I've also never bought a Google One plan either.

If you can, try connect to wifi, as sometimes Google uploads don't always work over cellular network. At least, from time to time I've had trouble with Google Drive not always wanting to upload unless I'm on wifi.

Lastly, if you tap the arrow to the right of that notification, what options appear?
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Smart Switch

Hey @

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

Ory1
Active Level 1
Samsung Smart Switch
Hey 👋 got it sorted. Called samsung directly and they sorted it over the phone with remote access which was clever 😀 thanks everyone for your help. Much appreciated
Samsung Smart Switch
Disconnect from Google One.
Greg 👍
Ory1
Active Level 1
Samsung Smart Switch
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Smart Switch

Hey @Ory1

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analyzed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Support > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette