Original topic:

Smart switch msg app transfer

(Topic created on: 02-15-2023 09:28 AM)
mushman
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Smart Switch
I used smart switch to transfer my old A30 data to a new phone A32 that has since been retired due to the screen periodically not reacting to touch, i factory reset the phone and lost my data trying to fix it ive since gotten a A53 5g im not sure whats happend but it appears to have somehow brought the whole msging app from my old A30 when I enter the Samsung folder on the apps screen it has a msging icon with 3dots( old version) yet the msging icon that appears on the home screen is the blue speech bubbles, it also appears twice on my apps screen in settings, if I press the old icon it asks for all the permissions to use it so I figure it would work why is it there?? Ì had no back ups & couldn't use smart switch due to factory reset??

Cover image
settings 

0 Likes
2 Comments
Samsung Smart Switch
Do you mean like this?
The left icon is Google Messages and the right is Samsung Messages.Screenshot_20230216_060731_One UI Home_1000002480_1676488051.png
mushman
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Smart Switch
Oh thanks sometimes I'm a dumb **bleep** I'm glad it s not something more sinister with my info/data its sneaky tho on Google's part