Original topic:

audio output notification how to get this back

(Topic created on: 03-29-2022 09:37 PM)
y2jman
Beginner Level 2
Options
Smartthings

so i'm on s20 plus android 12 ui 4.1

i mess up tonight  i cast my phone to tv aka smart view well i did have  in categories the following smart things notifications general notifications audio  output which was turn on

well when i did that smart view i didn't see that audio output top of screen on my phone i should had try to turn it on and off but instead i clear data<-now i did open up smart thing app and exit thinking might come up the word audio output drop down on phone before i clear data smart things btw

apprently i can't seem to figure out someway to get that audio output notification to show in others notification category on phone because i'm just seeing other 2 and that's it  

i had in past done this numerous times clear data and wait it finally comes up but this time it's not i do recall old app there was a smart thing control panel thus if you accidently turn off audio output you can turn it back on

umm is there anyway i can get this back or does it actually don't exist anymore android 12 ui 4.1? kindof wished i should had just turn on and off audio  output notification in smart things  to see come up on phone or not i still can't believe that i can no longer get notification to show up used to in the past meh

now i did read this over at reddit  somebody posted 4 days ago

has anyone noticed that after the updated to 4.1 these are gone? The ones I am referring to are the persistent notifications when a Bluetooth audio device is connected. There used to be the option from the notification panel to select the audio output for an app when a Bluetooth audio device is connected. Sadly it is gone now.

another person wrote That is what I thought also, but that notification category is no longer there.

i did go into 4.1 last friday but i still had audio output notification, an hour ago i did like get an email from smart things screenshot and such wanted logs am not sure why i never to them

they did say uninstall and reinstall smart things however i never done that before i don't set up smart things all i do smart view cast ddp app to roku tv it comes out and  i click on smart things app and exit which should bring up audio output notification in which if i wanted to select audio on phone or tv<-it's on tv sound by default

i'm little nervous about uninstall and reinstall smart things app  because what folks said about audio output no longer on their devices since going into ui 4.1 

perhaps i should had restart phone before clear smart things data then click on smart things after cast ddp app phone to roku device see came up  on phone or toggle on and off that notification i didn't know unlike in past clear data restart wait a few hours or so audio output will appear but apprently it no longer exist ui 4.1 anymore 

i could try to like install  an old smart things apk that might have smart things notification panel thing but not sure will work i mean it's not a big deal whether or not audio output notification comes up after you have on bluetooth since i always leave it on audio tv by default but i would like to see it come up right after i do smart view cast phone to tv dangit

0 Likes
11 Comments
Helenna
Options
Smartthings

Hi, Please follow below steps and keep us posted.

Open settings >> Notifications >> App notification >> select All >> Smartthings >> Notification categories >> Audio output.

0 Likes
y2jman
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

yeah that's the thing despite that it was turn on yesterday and when i turn on blue tooth went to a exercise app and look at my phone the actually word audio output didn't come up

and i clear data thinking it will come up again i got general notifications back and smart things notifications back smart things notifications in smart thing notifications categories before i did this i did like open up smart things app and exit but that didn't bring up word audio output drop down on phone at all

now i understand that if you click on 

the Media Output is there, but the Audio Output is gone and likely never coming back.

I know they are functionally equivalent (more or less) but the Audio Output notification just looked so much better and natively part of the OS.

in the past even when i was in ui 3.1 if i don't see audio output notification come up on phone drop down i would clear smart things data while on bluetooth go to that exercise app before smart view phone to tv

then both those would come up then i would wait few mins or restart my phone and go back to smart things app check usually the audio output will come up

here's the thing i don't connect anything smart thing i only open up whenever i used that ddp yoga exercise app then i close exit/swipe go away after i smart phone phone to tv  then it i would see audio output<-the word that is drop down on phone if it doesn't  automatically show up sometimes  however it seems it doesn't exist in 4.1 anymore after tues night but i did see it come up mon night drop down on phone 

now i was lucky to still had it in 4.1 when went into 4.1 last friday but again my issue was the fact that on mon after i did bluetooth and smart view phone to tv it open up smart things and close it i saw it come up the word audio output under drop down on phone 

however when did it tues night it wasn't there so that's why i clear data

apprently somebody recently went into 4.1 and they said it disappeared on them now i did asked person last night because i was too afraid to do it uninstall myself and install back t uninstall and install his he did told me this

Yes, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing the cache partition, and all that good stuff, but to no avail.

I've just accepted that the Audio Output menu is not coming back... stinks, but there's little that can be done ...

now  since audio output no longer exist<-which i did have after i went into 4.1 last friday and i kindof clear data tues night smart things app and since that one person already did it on his phone  and told me that i don't think it will actually come on my s20 plus phone either 

i suspect that it will never come back on my phone again meaning it is gone in ui 4.1

i just can't believe i was so dumb to think clear data like i did in the past will actually bring it up and like i said i had try to restart phone nada all i see smart things notifications and  general notifications the 3rd notification that was there before i clear data the audio output is gone 

i just hope next update smartthings app you guys will be that audio output notification back and maybe then it will appear drop down on phone after i turn on blue tooth and go to app 

nrml1
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

Despite having this enabled, I also don't see the Audio Output notification.

y2jman
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

yep not on  drop down on phone despite saw it mon and tues gone  now unless you want to be a victim like me and apprently other folks if you are in 4.1 i advise you to not clear data on smart things because if you do you will not get that notification back at all apprently it doesn't exist  u i 4.1 for some odd reason

however it did exist 3.0 and 3.1 ui  i'm hoping smart things folks will get it back next time they update smart things app this month which i doubt that they will

i have email them alot besides text and phone i fail yesterday afternoon to give them a link that talk about situation and reply back with link

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s22-s22-plus-s22-ultra/1040505-anyone-else-missing-...

i was a dummy to have  clear data it seems reason why i still had it  because i was still 3.1 when i updated smart things app back in march22 which current version is  1.7.83.21  and it was transfer over back on 25 after i went into 4.1 ui 

again i thought just like 3.0 and 3.1 clear data will make it come back but only notifications in notifications categories  i got that is back is general notifications  and smart things notifications

the 3rd used to be audio output until i clear it past tues data smart things  some folks who went into 4.1 and when they updated smart things app afterwards  it was gone disappear so consider yourself lucky to still have it despite ain't popping up on phone anymore

dleew
Beginner Level 4
Smartthings

So wow, just wow. Not attacking the poster on this, but I feel like an **bleep** that I cleared data, and now I will never have the Audio Output dropdown again! This is so useful to me, I may have to sell my XCover Pro so I can get a phone that supports the easiest audio switching.

Anyone know how to go back to Android 11 and OneUI 3.1???

@novagum's solution below is the way! I got my Audio Output Notification back. Now I will leave a 1 Star review on the latest version of SmartThings for taking away such a user friendly function!

novagum
Beginner Level 4
Smartthings

Hi,

Thanks for the link to android central. Someone found the "solution" and I confirm that it works if you downgrade to the version 1.7.77.22 of smartthings.

It's really a shame that this option disappeared in the new versions...

mrcapar
Beginner Level 3
Smartthings

You are a great. I don't know how I can thank you. I was searching that solution for many months. Thank you so much 

0 Likes
dleew
Beginner Level 4
Smartthings

Oh my, thank you @novagum!!! This has saved me so much frustration, and I now have the Audio Output dropdown notification panel again. I have also turned off auto-update in SmartThings Settings, and.... drum roll please.... I turned off the Media Output buttons in the Settings Dropdown Panel!!!!!

0 Likes
agsmith95
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

Hi, can you, please, share a link to the archive of the older version of this app?

0 Likes