Original topic:

Blocked number by samsung

(Topic created on: 05-13-2022 07:03 AM)
Wanwan01
Beginner Level 2
Options
Smartthings
How do you unblock a number blocked by the manufacturer. The number was my buzzer & it clearly states that the number was blocked by the manufacturer. I called my provider who were unable to assist. Contacted Samsung who remotely thought they assisted and yet the problem is still occurring. 🤔 
0 Likes
11 Comments
Smartthings

Where do you see the message said the number was blocked by the manufacturer? Samsung won’t block phone numbers, but mobile carriers do. Are you able to screenshot the blocked message?

0 Likes
Wanwan01
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings
Ok give me a minute
0 Likes
Wanwan01
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings
Can you seeScreenshot_20220512-225422_Phone.jpg
0 Likes
Wanwan01
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings
It says blocked 🚫 by phone. I called my provider, they couldn't help me & told ek to call Samsung. SAMSUNG Support remotely tried to assist but at the end they could not unblock the call. I also asked the condo manager to reboot my buzzer & number. Still did not work. Never had a problem until I changed my phone over.
0 Likes
Smartthings
Open Phone app -> Settings -> Block numbers

Check if your number is on the list. Or you can turn off block unknown or spam features.

The phone number pretty sure is blocked by your phone app.
0 Likes
Wanwan01
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings
So turning off the block unknown or spam feature will leave me with those calls coming in?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Smartthings

Do you have your contacts stored in your phone?

If you do, you should still receive calls from people in your contact list, even if you have blocked unknown callers..

Try it and see if it works like that for you. 

0 Likes
Wanwan01
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings
Hi,thanks at this point I have done the typical cleared the cache, have the number stored in my contacts, moved the contacts and moved them back into the phone, had the condo manager reboot my buzzer, had assistance with Samsung virtual assistance yesterday- they did something to the phone, but it never solved the problem.
0 Likes
Wanwan01
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings
I checked the blocked list, the number isn't on the blocked list.
0 Likes