Original topic:

Not able to config a manual IP address in Samsung 8 series TV, Keyboard don't appear?

(Topic created on: 11-10-2020 11:51 AM)
Yustefano
Active Level 1
Options
Smartthings

Not able to config a manual IP address in Samsung 8 series TV, Keyboard don't appear? how I can config a manual IP Address without a Keyboard and I can't do with the remote Cursor control either.

0 Likes
8 Comments
Halston
Options
Smartthings

Hi Yustefano,
Please make sure that your TV is updated to the latest version and then unplug and re-plug it from the wall outlet for 1-2 minutes.
Then follow the below steps on your TV to configure the IP address.
Please press Menu >> Network >> Network Status >> IP Settings >> Enter Manually on the remote control and change the DNS server values manually to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 and check if the issue persists.
(Important: If DHCP is set to On, you can't select IP Address, Subnet Mask or Gateway. If DNS is set to Auto, you can’t select Primary/ Secondary DNS.

0 Likes
Yustefano
Active Level 1
Smartthings

Hi, I power off the TV for two minutes like you say an still don't work, the keyboard don't appear and I can't enter any numbers for digits the IP Address, please see pics attach I tray to upload a video but is not supported by this wed site :(Sam TV.jpg

0 Likes
Yustefano
Active Level 1
Smartthings

This is the TV Software version 1115.5 do I have to change this TV by the guarantee or is a bug in the OS version?, that OS have some serious bugs.

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Smartthings

Hey Yustefano,

Thanks for your response. Please provide us the model number of your TV. You can find the serial number or model code via the menu on your TV, or check the label located on the back panel of your television.

Here are the steps to find the TV model number under settings:

1. Press the Home button on your TV's remote to open the Smart Hub. Then, use the directional pad of the remote to select Settings.

2. Use the directional pad of the remote to select Support.

3. Use the directional pad of the remote to select About This TV.

4. Your TV's model code and serial number will be displayed on-screen.

0 Likes
Yustefano
Active Level 1
Smartthings

Hi, the model is UN50TU8000PXPA

Serial Number: 09PX3CHN600912K

Software version: T-NKLUABC-1115.5

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Smartthings

Hi Yustefano,

As per the information provided by you, there is a software update:1401.7 available on your TV. Samsung recommends to keep the products up to date to get a better experience. Please contact the live chat support so that they will help you accordingly.

Here is the link for live chat support: https://www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

0 Likes
samsunguser1973
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

I'm sure you have resolved your issue. Thus, I'm writing this for the people who may now be looking for the solution to this. Most newer Samsungs will display a numerical keyboard so you can manually enter your IP., etc. For some reason the "frame" does not allow for this. You need to go to the network settings and when you get to the screen that is asking you to fill in your IP, etc... you then stop and go to your Samsung app on your phone (assuming you have already set this up), then go to the remote controller on the app and hit the number icon. You can then enter the #'s onto the screen from your phone. To advance, I used my Samsung remote control to go the next box, etc. This worked for me. I have 6 Samsung Tv's, all 2020 to 2023. The "frame's" are the 2020's.... and have the latest firmware... and yet this glitch is still there. My other TV's had the numerical keyboard. Anyway, the aforementioned rectified my problem. As well, the reason I wanted/needed to do this was because my TV's would drop the internet when they were not on. Meaning whenever I would go to the app to turn on a tv, they would register as offline. This seems to have finally fixed the issue. 

0 Likes
nsa
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings
Love
0 Likes