Original topic:

Samsung TV Q70A Bluetooth pairing crash with sony headset wh-1000xm4

(Topic created on: 01-06-2023 09:49 AM)
plum117
Active Level 2
Options
Smartthings

Hey, for around a week or 2 now, I can no longer pair my Bluetooth headset Sony wh-1000xm4 with my Samsung TV Q70A. I was using the headset nearly daily even though it was not perfect, it was working. 

Now, each time I try to pair with the TV, I select the device, and it starts the pairing process just when I think it is working; the pairing crash on the Sony and the device is no longer paired.

STR:

• Open the TV, go to SmartThing's quick menu, and I can see wh-1000xm4
  • I hold the pairing button on the Sony until I hear 'bluetooth paring'
  • On TV (SmartThing's quick menu), I select the wh-1000xm4
  • I see the TV writing connecting, then connected
  • In the Sony headset, I hear 'Bluetooth pair....'. and then crash
  • The crash seems to be the voice staled at the end of the word paring saying 'ingggggggggggg'

The sony works well on other devices like computers (windows, mac) and phones (android, iPhone), so I guess something changes on the TV.

I suspect the firmware 2111.1 to have broken that

Current known sometimes working workaround: 

1. Hold the power button of the TV remote, so it close and also restarts while still pressing the button
  2. Pair the headset right away
  3. Open Netflix after
  4. I could pair it multiple times this way, but other times, I had to redo the steps twice.

Second workaround (faster than the first, credit to TargetPriority there

1. Go to setting > General > Accessibility > multi audio output
  2. Click on Multi-output Audio if nothing is appearing
  3. Select your Bluetooth device, then click connect
  4. Audio work in the Bluetooth device

In conclusion, if you also encounter the problem, please escalate it to Samsung support; the more users report it, the more it will get attention!!!!

Reported Sony model related to this problem:

• HM-1000XM5
  • wh-1000xm4
  • WH-XB910N
  • WF-1000XM4

Other TV model affected:

• QN900A
  • 90AA85
  • AU9000
  • q800
  • 55Q80A
  • QN65Q80
  • QN94aa
  • QE65QN90AATXXH

Last update (Feb 3): Sorry guys, I spoke with support 4-5 times, always the same result, they escalated to a higer team said I will have response after 5 days and I'm left to hangup on waiting for replies. Samsung, I lost faith in you, if only you would let my effort knows it is taking into fixing the problem I would consider contnuing buying your product, now I start feeling you are not worth it. This is the last time I put effort enhancing Samsung experience.

On the US post, we are nearly 40 persons having the problem!!!

BTW, support is making a joke of redirect me to a clear your cookie image when I tried to push for more information. This is a disgrace!!

17 Comments
Helenna
Options
Smartthings

Hi, we are sorry to hear the trouble caused to you while trying to pair your Sony Headset to Samsung TV.

We appreciate your efforts in performing the necessary troubleshooting steps to get it resolved.

We request you to visit the link given below and check if you have followed the steps given.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/tv-audio-video/samsung-tv-connect-a-bluetooth-device/

Thank you.

0 Likes
plum117
Active Level 2
Smartthings

@Helena, our problem could be fixed with firmware 2401 (as mentioned by Tarvis below), but on the download page, it is not available. Can you provide more info on when or why it is unavailable for our Q70A TV?

0 Likes
plum117
Active Level 2
Smartthings
Hey, thanks for the reply, but your link does not help at all. Like I said in my post, I was pairing daily, and it suddenly stopped working.
Unless you can point me directly at the text helping, I know that my tv supports Bluetooth and my device, and I know how to pair with it.
MrB2
Beginner Level 3
Smartthings

Same problem here.

I’ve been using my Sony WH-1000XM4 with my Q70A TV for months with no major issues. Now I face the exact same symptoms as describe by plum117 above. Headset crash while I hear the word “paringggggggg”. 
Headset works well with any other device (iPhone, tablet, pc,…)

Tarvis
Active Level 1
Smartthings
I have the exact same issue. Bought my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones earlier 2022 and they connected seamlessly/automatically with my Samsung Q70A TV and my Galaxy S22 at the same time with the connect 2 devices option on in the Sony app. I hadn't used my headphones in a few weeks and I went to use them a couple days before Christmas and there was a glitchy noise and the headphones crashed. Tried it several more times, same thing, they turn off after a couple seconds. I did a factory reset on the WH-1000XM4's and deleted them from my phone and TV. I set everything up again and had the same issues. They seem to work fine if I just connect to my phone, but my main reason for buying them was to use with my TV when my family is sleeping. I did find an inconvenient work around: make sure the "connect to 2 devices" in the Sony app is off/turn off Bluetooth on my phone/manually connect headphones in the audio settings of the TV. This seems to work all right but sure would be nice to go back to the way it was.
plum117
Active Level 2
Smartthings

Thanks for stating that you have the same issues. For the record, on my side, the "connect to 2 devices" Sony headset option was already disabled, and I tried using the steps you mentioned but with no success. The only way I can pair is when holding the power button of the TV remote control to do a force restart.

If you have some time, please call or chat with Samsung support so we put pressure on them to escalate the issue to developers. 

Have a good one!

0 Likes
Tarvis
Active Level 1
Smartthings
An addition to my previous post: my son has a Samsung qn65q70taf/version #2401. It paired my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones to it and they work flawlessly. So it is definitely an issue with most recent version upate on my Samsung Q70A. Please address this issue.
plum117
Active Level 2
Smartthings
Cool. It confirms what I also found. Let me know if you call or chat with Samsung support and what their responses are since, on my end; I will ask a the end of the week only for an update on my escalated issue.
0 Likes
Tarvis
Active Level 1
Smartthings
So, has anyone tried a factory reset on their TV? That was Samsung Supports suggestion to me. I'm really hesitant to do that unless I absolutely have to. I don't want to have to set everything up again.
0 Likes