Original topic:

StelPro Ki Z-wave Thermostat (STZW402+)

(Topic created on: 08-28-2022 09:10 AM)
therealthomas
Beginner Level 3
Options
Smartthings

It seems it is that time again...  

The June update removed temperature controls for StelPro Ki Z-wave thermostats (STZW402+)... AGAIN (developers accidently removed controls during the Fall of 2020).  I didn't bother to reach out to Samsung in June, figuring they'd get it right next update.   Well, here we are, another update (August 2022), temperature controls are still missing and Fall (along with colder temps and burst pipes) is fast approaching.

The app will show current temperature, but the actual "controls" are missing.   No, this isn't on the customer's end as I have friends that also have ST hubs and StelPro Ki Z-wave thermostats and are experiencing the exact same missing controls.  We've uninstalled, reinstalled, tried multiple devices, power-cycled, cleared cache etc. etc. etc.   Again, I've been down this road in 2020 (the irony) and it was an oversight by the developers.  Please, please, please reach out to your developers to have them correct ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Confirmed not working on stock, fully patched/updated Note 10+, Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Note 9... 

Current install:
SmartThings App (Android) – 1.7.89.25

SmartThings Framework (Android) – 1.5.01.1

SmartThings Hub(s) – 000.044.00009

3 Comments
Veets1
Beginner Level 3
Smartthings

Same on iOS 16 & iOS 15.6

Smartthings

Aggravating!  The controls are recently missing from my Ki Thermostats in SmartThings as well.  Are there any workarounds, e.g. different drivers that would work?  Is it Samsung ST developers that are responsible for this or is it support folks at Ki that maintain this and feed it to Samsung?  Who do we complain to?

0 Likes
therealthomas
Beginner Level 3
Smartthings
It's Samsung. They did the same thing in 2020. The only work around I found in 2020 was to use Alexa (I don't have Google to test) to control Temps. Also, if you have routines controlling them, they should continue to function, at least they did in 2020. Samsung is also about to make some big changes, as a result, one feature that will be unsupported on the Ki is the ability to have it report the current outside temperature (all it required was your postal code or zip code and the outside temp would display).
0 Likes