Original topic:

Why is there no NBA app for Samsung smart TVs?

(Topic created on: 11-12-2021 10:02 AM)
EMackinstock
Beginner Level 3
Options
Smartthings

I recently purchased a new 75 inch Samsung QN85A smart tv and I was very disappointed to install it and discover there is no NBA app for Samsung’s  Tizen operating system. I specifically purchased this TV to watch basketball and I can’t believe I have to wire another device to my “smart” tv in order to find the content I want. 

Why is there no NBA app for Samsung?

htgoodie
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

That did not work for me.

I have four 70in  five 42in and one 75in Samsung televisions in my home. I often set family, friends, and their friends up with home theater systems. I have promoted Samsung TVs for years. I come from a family that's played basketball and loves basketball. Now my little cousin is playing  in the NBA and I can't watch it??? I had family over Sunday night and I had to add an additional device to my system to watch my cousin play. This is unacceptable!! Something needs to change now!

-Unsatisfied customer 

Toddsferg
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

I think the response is to tell people to buy a TV loaded with software that allows for the NBA app, like a Toshiba or Sony. That's what I'm doing. Samsung with Tizen is so much worse than my $300 Toshiba with Amazon fire tv

DonPerrin
Active Level 1
Smartthings

Georgina, that is an unacceptable **bleep** answer.  I'm taking this **bleep** Samsung TV back to Costco tomorrow. Pathetic support from Samsung.  As many have noted, the apps you provide are mostly junk.

DonPerrin
Active Level 1
Smartthings

I should be able to install any apps available on my Samsung phone.

Tom345720
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

Great response dumb **bleep**

0 Likes
Nugfan
Beginner Level 4
Smartthings

I had to plug my old Roku into my new Samsung TV to get the NBA app. This needs to be remedied. Samsung is a big company and this is a popular app.

jimeegee23
Active Level 1
Smartthings

This is pathetic.

0 Likes
EMackinstock
Beginner Level 3
Smartthings

Are there plans to introduce an NBA app? 

Georgine
Options
Smartthings

Hi, we cannot confirm when this app will be available. However, I suggest you to check for updates regularly.

0 Likes
Parlache
Beginner Level 4
Smartthings

Regularly the people ask about this and we get the same answer. How can I open a support ticket?

0 Likes