Original topic:

Why is there no NBA app for Samsung smart TVs?

(Topic created on: 01-02-2022 11:54 PM)
EMackinstock
Beginner Level 3
Options
Smartthings

I recently purchased a new 75 inch Samsung QN85A smart tv and I was very disappointed to install it and discover there is no NBA app for Samsung’s  Tizen operating system. I specifically purchased this TV to watch basketball and I can’t believe I have to wire another device to my “smart” tv in order to find the content I want. 

Why is there no NBA app for Samsung?

43 Comments
Georgine
Options
Smartthings

Hi, It is not possible to install or download the new apps which are not compatible with Samsung smart TV. However, you can use only the apps which are available in the Smart hub of the TV.

melmaxx
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

....use only the apps in theww smart hub..

What's the point in stating the obvious.  The poster is looking for help like the rest of us. Do you work for Samsung?

Georgine
Options
Smartthings

Hi, Yes, we are from Samsung. Whenever there is a new app available for the TV, Samsung would release a firmware update, Samsung recommends updating the firmware of your TVs with the latest one.

sirnom
Active Level 1
Smartthings

not helping dude 

WestleyThe
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

"whenever there is a new app available for the TV...."

Dude. I just bought a brand new tv last year and cant download NBA. There is ZERO reason there cant be an NBA app on the tv... I swear there is even NBA app for Samsung Phones!

So what you are saying is I have to watch basketball games on my phone instead of my brand new tv because Samsung is cheap and wont allow NBA to have an app on thier tvs? Thats freaking unacceptable. How can you be one of the biggest services for technology but wont allow me to watch sports on here because you only allow samsung apps

I will be telling EVERYONE I KNOW to not buy a samsung tv. Well done

DonPerrin
Active Level 1
Smartthings

As will I, DO NOT BUY A SAMSUNG TV, the apps are limited and most are junk.

BuckBever
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

I wish you would have somehow told me, too. I just purchased a Samsung Tizen, nicely mounted on my wall by the guys at Best Buy this afternoon, settled in to watch some West Coast basketball this evening and ... This is unbelievable. It's the NBA! Not supported by Samsung??? Back to Best Buy tomorrow and not happy. I told them this is exactly what I was getting the TV for.

Rubbish-Turd-tv
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

This is **bleep** **bleep**. I spent $2000 for a tv for one reason, watch basketball. You **bleep**wits have wasted my **bleep** money. I have no need for this tv anymore if I can watch nba. It rubbish. Can’t return it either. Will tell everyone and make sure the newspapers I work for in Australia report this in their reviews of future Samsung products. You guys are cunts. 

WEN-NBA-APP
Active Level 1
Smartthings

hahaha it didn't bleep (unts

0 Likes