Original topic:

Why is there no NBA app for Samsung smart TVs?

(Topic created on: 01-10-2022 06:48 AM)
EMackinstock
Beginner Level 3
Options
Smartthings

I recently purchased a new 75 inch Samsung QN85A smart tv and I was very disappointed to install it and discover there is no NBA app for Samsung’s  Tizen operating system. I specifically purchased this TV to watch basketball and I can’t believe I have to wire another device to my “smart” tv in order to find the content I want. 

Why is there no NBA app for Samsung?

sirnom
Active Level 1
Smartthings

Still not helping

DonPerrin
Active Level 1
Smartthings

The problem isn't just the missing NBA TV app, the problem is that most of the apps provided are junk.

EMackinstock
Beginner Level 3
Smartthings

Thank you. I hope the NBA app is added soon. I bought my Samsung TV for a premium price and it doesn’t make sense that I should add another device just so I can watch digital streaming content. 

Bub1
Beginner Level 3
Smartthings

If I were you and you have the option return your Samsung TV. If you view the different threads this is not a new issue and I actually am unable to find an explanation as to why it isn’t available.

frankj_
Beginner Level 3
Smartthings

I was actually googling for *how* to watch NBA on my Samsung QLED TV. Bumped into this page and am now left astonished finding out that that is not possible and worse, no one can even tell us when it will be.  OMG, Samsung, you should be ashamed, selling "premium" TVs which are so obviously flawed.

frankj_
Beginner Level 3
Smartthings

Does it make sense to try Chromecast ?

0 Likes
cinnyc
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

chomecast “works”, if you want to watch a perpetual buffer symbol…

0 Likes
Mp1131211
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

I don’t work for Samsung and am just as frustrated by this as anyone else but it’s not exactly Samsung’s fault that the nba app has been built for their platform. It’d be like being upset at android phones for not having an app you get on your iPhone.

0 Likes
Wordy
Beginner Level 4
Smartthings

The thing is, it was available.  Around 2018.  Then it was removed.  NBA all is everywhere except Samsung TV’s.  It’s stupid.

Dhgb256
Beginner Level 2
Smartthings

Amazon now offers the NBA league pass on a monthly subscription through Prime and then you can stream the games through the Prime app. 

0 Likes